My account is suddenly in French, not English

Guignol
Contributor
Contributor

[Oct 2013 ]Every time I either login or click a button to pay with PayPal it autoatically shows up in French. I just got 2 invoices sent from my regular vendors and it shows in my email as in French. What's going on? 

I'm using Chrome and it never did this before so I don't think it's Chrome...plus no other site does this, just PayPal. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Guignol
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to be cleared now. required to be placed on hold twice with an agent ( ESL- stumbling while reading directly from a script) doing what ever in the background to clear it on IE.

• Plus I figured on my own while waiting to clear it on Chrome I had to additionally turn off " chrome://settings/languages" uncheck  "Offer to translate pages that aren't in a language I read." strange but that seemed to work for Chrome. 

That seemd to clear it. Of course accompanied with the usual clearing of the cache and refreshing screen. 

So we can mark this as solved...for now! 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Guignol,

Welcome to the Community Forum! Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with the language of your account 😞

I'd recommend contacting Customer Support directly so we can check the language settings for your account, and get this issue resolved for you. You can find our contact details by clicking on 'Contact us' when logged in. You can also get in touch with us if you're on Twitter, @AskPayPal.

Thanks!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Guignol
Contributor
Contributor

Funny I mentioned this the other day when I called them about a purchase that wouldn't go through..we spent close to 2 hrs on the phone. I was told it was probably a browser issue and we never explored it. Guess now I have to make another call...since it wasn't a browser issue. Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too
Solved

Guignol
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to be cleared now. required to be placed on hold twice with an agent ( ESL- stumbling while reading directly from a script) doing what ever in the background to clear it on IE.

• Plus I figured on my own while waiting to clear it on Chrome I had to additionally turn off " chrome://settings/languages" uncheck  "Offer to translate pages that aren't in a language I read." strange but that seemed to work for Chrome. 

That seemd to clear it. Of course accompanied with the usual clearing of the cache and refreshing screen. 

So we can mark this as solved...for now! 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Log in as usual then go to Préférences, then click on Plus d'options. Then there is a box on the left and the third one down says Mes paramétres. Click on that and scroll down to the second to last option that says langue. Click all the way on the right at the end where it says Mettre á jour. It will take you to a screen where you can choose English as your language and click on Enregistrer (the orange box).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor
I'm an English only speaking canadian .
Login to Me Too

thomasss
Contributor
Contributor

on chrome clearing all the cookies assoiated with paypal fixed this issue  for me.. there were quite a few.. suppose I could have tried eliminating them one at a time.. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.