Money not available to withdraw!

Fab1984
New Community Member
It's my first transaction, it says my funds are not available after a week, It says I have a balance and have been paid for the item, it has been received by the buyer, yet I cannot access my money, what do I need to do to for it to be available for me to transfer it to my bank account? Please help!
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

HERES SOME INFO FOR YOU:

Why your payments are held.

• You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days
• You have an eBay feedback score fewer than 100 as a seller and have not yet established a record of good performance
• You have received fewer than 20 Detatiled Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard
• You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage
• You have been a PayPal member for less than 6 months and have limited selling activity
• You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)
• You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, computers, electronics, mobile phones, etc.
Depending on the circumstances, paypal may set aside payments for a single transaction or for all payments to sellers who meet the criteria above.

How can I get the payments released before 21 days.

1. If your buyer leaves feedback (pos) then funds are normally released within 48 hours of that feedback being left.
2. If you decide to send an item trackable then you can add the tracking number to the details of the paypal transaction and funds are then released when the item shows as delivered + 3 days.

What if I have met the criteria for release and the funds are still held.

The release of payments is not automatic before 21 days, so you need to email or phone paypal via "contact us" bottom of paypal pages with the transaction i.d's of the payments involved. State how you met the criteria for release of funds before 21 days eg feedback or a tracking number.

Its for buyer protection > if a seller refuses to refund a buyer for an item not received and paypal can't access funds in the sellers account then they refund the buyer themselves.

So to protect themselves and still be able to offer buyer protection they hang on to the funds of new sellers until they have a record of good performance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

This is rediculus,  the above rules don't really apply. It's been more than 90 days since I made my first sale and got a positive feedback by the buyer. Still my money are still "pending" for paypal to "temporary hold to review". I tried to contact them via their web site contact form months ago but still didn't get an answer. Their site is rubbish and I tried again now but didn't allow me to send my msg because in the "signature" fields the name and surname are not editable but still mandatory!!!

Anyone knows what can I do to get my money?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact us bottom of paypal pages > use the call us option on the left (fees apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to pay any more money to paypal. I've already paid 10% of the money I took from the buyer for paypal and ebay fees. It's rediculus. How can they legally withhold money for such a long period? It's been since May that they hold my money. And that after I paid £17 for fees (ebay+paypal) for a £130 sale! Why there isn't information on what's wrong with the transaction on the paypal website (or ebay website)?

It is legal for them to withhold my money?

Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

There are a lot of "nice" comments for paypal on the internet and I can certainly see why.

"

Can’t I Whine to PayPal?

So, if you have a problem with PayPal, what are your options? Well, you can make a complaint to PayPal, but we’ve already seen how god-awful its customer service is. Trying to get a PayPal agent on the phone — one who can do more than blow smoke up your arse — is a voodoo art form that probably works best if you perform an ancient rain dance first."

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/01/its-time-to-sort-out-paypal/

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.