Money is STILL pending!

lo_brown
New Community Member

Can anyone please help me out? As much as I was appauled at PayPal holding my money from an item I sold on ebay for 21 days, I accepted I was a relatively new eBay user and I remained patient. I added a tracking number to hurry up the process, I know it has been recieved as the buyer confirmed AND left positive feedback. I have never had any negative feedback. It has now been 22 days and I still cannot withdraw my money, can anyone shed some light on why PayPal are still pending my transaction? My account is also verified is that makes a difference?

As a new user to PayPal/eBay I would appreciate any comments. 🙂

Login to Me Too
86 REPLIES 86

Yozhek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kernowlass,

Thank for the reply (sorry about the rant but i am REALLY angry about this)

I am afraid the help lines were quite poor, both ebay and PayPal say they could see no reason for my hold looking at my past record.  Ebay suggested to ask PayPal advisors to setup a 3 way call so Paypal, Ebay & myself could discuss this, twice the advisors said they could not.

The best they could offer is to release payment 3 days after delivery and would not budge on that, despite the buyer leaving positive feedback.  Thank heavens i sent it tracked otherwise i would never get my money.

Kind regards

Ade

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yozhek

As i said in your other thread sometimes their customer services advisors are as much use as a chocolate fireguard.  Smiley Wink

I don't have a problem with the hold as i have been through it myself and understand why its implemented.

BUT i do have a problem when they don't release the funds when they say they will OR put folks back on it without any reason as seems to be the situation with you.

If you did not meet any of the reasons i posted in the other thread then personally I would write each one down and explain why it does not apply to you and send it to   >>>

Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Yozhek
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Kernowlass for your constructive advise, I will do that

Kind regards

Ade

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yozhek

Good luck and let us know how you get on, cus if it works i know i can advise others to do the same.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Yozhek
Contributor
Contributor

Will do, thanks

Login to Me Too

Yozhek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kernowlass,

I have sent this on Facebook FYI.

Dear Paypal,
After many calls to your support lines i am still at a loss as to why funds from a recent sale are still on hold. These funds were promised to be released today (3 days after buyer received goods) and they still have not, i was also promised to have someone contact me so my case can be reviewed as i do not meet any of the criteria below, this also has not happened.
1. New seller. No, been selling on Ebay for many years

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling. No, continuous use

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay. No, 100% ratings

4. Recent buyer disputes. No, as admitted by yourselves and Ebay

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d. No.
6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history? No, sale values vary but this has not happened before on much larger cost items.

Please help me resolve this for this sale and future sales.

Kind regards
Adrian <removed>

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yozhek

Looks good to me Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Yozhek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kernowlass & other folks who cannot get their money,

I have an update:

1. No accessment has been carried out on my account, no email contact as promised, nothing... more helpdesk lies

2. No response from my Facebook request

3. My money was not released on Saturday despite being faithfully promised by 2 helpdesk advisors who said they would 'personally' ensure it was... more dang lies

4. Was very ill on Sunday so had nothing better to do but take out my venom on Paypal helpdesk, it worked, got through to a guy in the Queens call centre and it took him less that 5 mins to request and get my payment released

5. So, that in summary is 8 Days, 7 calls, 5 hours & a partridge in a pear tree

I believe in human rights, no matter how angry i feel inside i try not to be rude to helpdesk advisors, but all the lies and false promises from Paypal advisors make them good game in my eyes.  I have learned a lot for my £200 & next time will be much better prepared to take Paypal on.

I do have a little advice learned the hard way:

1. Do not say 'payment hold' to the helpline robot, select 'account restrictions' instead

2. Get past the helpline robot menus by saying 'agent' and it will give up and put you through to a human

3. If you did not send your goods tracked then prepare for a long wait

4. Paypal will release funds 3 days after tracked goods are delivered (but you will probably have to phone them again)

5. Do not believe any of the lies. promises, pointless platitues you hear from the helpdesk staff, it is all lies to get you off the line.

6. Keep phoning, once i got through to someone with some authority it took then 3 mins to release the payment

7. Don't waste time harrassing EBay, paypal may say it is EBay at fault but it definitely is not, this is a Paypal restriction.

I hope this helps a little

Ade

Login to Me Too

Royaldog12
New Community Member
I'm transferring the money I got into my bank! And It's been pending for 2 days! I have a con to go to that I haven't paid the ticket for! AND I GOTTA GET MY LAM SHEETS! IM IN A HUGE RUSH FOR A MILLION THINGS!!! I CANT WAIT AND IM IMPATIENT!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Royaldog12

Hope it clears soon for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.