Money is STILL pending!

lo_brown
New Community Member

Can anyone please help me out? As much as I was appauled at PayPal holding my money from an item I sold on ebay for 21 days, I accepted I was a relatively new eBay user and I remained patient. I added a tracking number to hurry up the process, I know it has been recieved as the buyer confirmed AND left positive feedback. I have never had any negative feedback. It has now been 22 days and I still cannot withdraw my money, can anyone shed some light on why PayPal are still pending my transaction? My account is also verified is that makes a difference?

As a new user to PayPal/eBay I would appreciate any comments. 🙂

Login to Me Too
86 REPLIES 86

temp20190903a
Contributor
Contributor

Think as you will, defend who you must.  I will do the same.  However I will point out that I have the honor to have answered EVERY single question you asked.  You my friend, seem to have avoided my question.  Beware of those who have something to hide. Travis <removed>

PS.  The word used in the earlier post was s-c-r-e-w-e-d. It's kinda sad that it gets changed to bleep...which makes it sound like I was using bad language.   I wonder if I'm allowed to talk about a wood board that has been **bleep** together?  Ha!, just a little test...

Login to Me Too

Yozhek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Travis,

How can we boycott Paypal, they have a monopoly, buyers are too lazy to pay any other way.  I, up until this episode, loved Paypal for its convenience but as the advisors on their helpdesk have been so useless i would love to boycott Paypal and Ebay, but where is the alternative?

Kind regards

Ade

Login to Me Too

temp20190903a
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ade,

I completely agree with you, Paypal WAS a fantastic way to do business.  So was Ebay.  Unfortantly Ebay and Paypal are making obsurde policy changes that are both disrespectful to their sellers, but also will have a large impact on their business in the end.  I am suggesting that everybody try using Etsy, where you can use many forms of payment.  Keep in mind that Paypal has the higest rates, so any other company will be less cost.  That cost is probably consumed by other companies being less convenient, due to the Paypal monopoly.   The important thing to keep in mind, is that we all vote everyday with the dollars we spend.  I can no longer vote for Paypal.  I moved all my business to Etsy, and I love it!  It is easier to list items, however they do not do auction style listings.  It's going to take some adjustment, and I will keep everyone up to date as I navigate the next best options.  I have contacted Paypal, both supervisors, and managers.  They don't have the ability to care.  What I mean by that is that their hands are tied.  These are horrible policies that come from the top.  You know, the people who never use Paypal.  The best way to get a companies attention, is for them to see their stock tumble.  We all can do this.  We could start with a worldwide one day Paypal boycott.  I'm just trying to get their attention, because like you I feel it is a shame that they want to treat all of us so badly.  We just want to use their service, without being abused at the same time.  Travis <removed>

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20190903a

You go to Etsy and have fun, but speaking as a buyer i would never send my hard earned cash to a stranger without paypal buyer protection.

So that is why as a seller I use paypal and will continue to do so.

And i for one prefer helping folks learn how it works than just pointlessly telling them to boycott it or telling those that are trying to help now what was it oh yes.

From  @temp20190903a

To ANY advisor or employee trying to defend the policies of Paypal, you should be ashamed of yourselves. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

temp20190903a
Contributor
Contributor

How much are you payed by Paypal?  Must be a good gig...except for the honor thing.   Travis <removed>

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20190903a

You are showing yourself in your true colours, just insult folks because they don't agree with you.

And now we have the latest, how much do i get paid.

I am not supporting paypal, I am against ridiculous people like you that don't like paypal anymore but hang around like sticky insects just to have a pop at those that try to HELP others work their way around a system.

No i don't get paid silly person.

No i don't support ALL paypals policies .

But what I do on here is HELP.

THIS THREAD HAS MOVED ON WITHOUT YOU THANK GOODNESS.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

temp20190903a
Contributor
Contributor

I thought you where done?  Remember you didn't have time?  You can't even honor yourself or your own statements.  You are trying to help in your way, as I am in mine.  Let me tell you this, if YOUR way works, then GREAT!  I want a solution to this problem, and I'm OK with having a different opinion than you.  I will tell everyone reading this, this guy won't give his name.  He has something to hide.  I have no problem putting my name behind my statements. 

Travis <removed>

Login to Me Too

temp20190903a
Contributor
Contributor

Oh!  And good job using insults, while complaining about the use of insults.  You are a piece of work my friend.  A hypocrite at it's finest!  Travis <removed>

Login to Me Too

temp20190903a
Contributor
Contributor

I do also have to say, that I don't think Kernowlass understands this new kind of "pending" hold on charges.  This is not the "I understand why they put the hold on" kind of situation.  This new pending hold is used for no good reason.  For instance, I was on Paypal 10 years, with 10's of thousands sold.  My holds where put on because my selling history is inconsistant.  Yes it is.  It always has been.  Ebay is promoted as a garage sale style venue, and that would mean it is a inconsistant sales place.  Funny thing is this, they put holds on the last funds coming in after three weeks of sales totaling over $4,000.  So even the inconsistant reason make no sense.  Then why not hold the first funds that come in.  Another major issue, is that they hold ALL the funds.  They should be releasing shipping costs, because I do not, and will not ship, until I've been paid.  So I canceled all those transactions, and told the buyers to send checks if they want the items.  I explained why, and told them to contact Paypal as well.  Now the advise you've been given is a little twist on more of the same.  I would agree with Kernowlass to give the Facebook idea a try, but most likely this situation will require something bigger, more attention grabbing, than any of our verbal complaints.  Money is the key, we take away money, they will listen.  Travis <removed>

Login to Me Too

Yozhek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Travis,

I agree with you, my sales too have been wide and varied for many years and all of a sudden buyers need protecting from me? and no one can give me a definite reason.  If Paypal think i sell my possessions for the fun of it they are very wrong, i accepted £200 instead of the £250 asked BECAUSE i needed the money, now i don't have the goods or the money, in fact i am worse off because i paid the shipping and both ebay & paypals darn fees!

I am sure Paypal have insurance against 'acceptable losses' and don't loose a penny either way, plus my credit cards offer buyer protection and i am sure they don't make the retailers wait 21 days + for their funds.

At lease Kernowlass gave another angle to try, and for that i am grateful, but as my other pleas for some explaination or reason have all been met with lies and ignorance then i am not holding my breath for an answer.  Boycotting Paypal will give them more satisfation than it will me, my pissy little bit of money is nothing to them, but there must be a way of raising public awareness and grouping all other people who have been ripped off like this together so we have a loud unified voice.  Who knows there maybe thousands of people out there fed up with this treatment and one little push we may start a huge snowball and change history.

Ade

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.