Money is STILL pending!

lo_brown
New Community Member

Can anyone please help me out? As much as I was appauled at PayPal holding my money from an item I sold on ebay for 21 days, I accepted I was a relatively new eBay user and I remained patient. I added a tracking number to hurry up the process, I know it has been recieved as the buyer confirmed AND left positive feedback. I have never had any negative feedback. It has now been 22 days and I still cannot withdraw my money, can anyone shed some light on why PayPal are still pending my transaction? My account is also verified is that makes a difference?

As a new user to PayPal/eBay I would appreciate any comments. 🙂

Login to Me Too
86 REPLIES 86

kewkitchens
New Community Member

Hi

This is the dark side of PayPal. I've been with them for 15 years. My feedback score on Ebay has been 100% for ever. In this case my delivery was next day. I got positive feedback. It is not a high-risk item.

NO MONEY!

I've been in touch by e-mail.

I've been in touch by phone.

I've been promised release of my money if I supply tracking details.

NO MONEY!

So PayPal has a dark side that is very worrying.

Fact is, if they do this with many sellers they earn millions in interest alone with money that does not belong to them.

I have never been given an applicable reason - nothing.

Something is very wrong somewhere.

Login to Me Too

Same here, just sold an electronic item. it was delivered on the 21 with tracking provided. Funds show availablity on the 24 today. Now it shows the 6th of december ! Wtf. Called paypal and the lady said if its not available by 700pm tonite I can call have have them manually released. I should have recorded the phone conversation. I know **bleep** well I will call at 700(right before close) and be told some bs like I have to wait until the 6th or the same thing the lady said again. ! Im done with paypal, this is **bleep**. who has my money? the guy is sitting back enjoying my quick perfect shipement, im **bleep** out of luck. I was hoping on those funds since today is thanksgiving, guess whose not eating now. **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Yozhek
Contributor
Contributor

I think after 4 frustrating hours on the phone i have the root cause.  The system which puts us in the 'wait for your money' catagory is automated and can be triggered by sneezing the wrong way.

You need to do the following:

1. Get past that **bleep** robot (just keep saying 'i want to speak to an advisor')

2. Find someone on the first helpdesk to take you seriously and get them to pass you to the helpdesk in Newcastle

3. Find someone on the second helpdesk to take you seriously and get them to pass your case for review to have this restriction lifted.

4. wait and hope to get a reply.

I hope this helps someone out there, get on the phones people, waste their helpdesk time as much as you can, get something back for the fees they charge!  Yes PayPal you SUCK!!

PS: Give me MY **bleep** money!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yozhek

I usually advise   >>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Did they give you a reason for the hold on your account as you are not a new seller (as per reasons i put on your other post)?

If you did not meet one of those restrictions then surely they would say so OR release the hold.

Let us know how you get on.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

temp20190903a
Contributor
Contributor

Just BOYCOTT PAYPAL.  We can put these criminals out of business if WE STOP using paypal.  To ANY advisor or employee trying to defend the policies of Paypal, you should be ashamed of yourselves.  To work for, or support a company that treats it's customers like dirt is obsurde, dishonorable, and just plain scummy.  BOYCOTT PAYPAL!!     These thugs, and gangsters should be shut down, and put in jail.  Travis <removed>

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20190903a

Strange you advocate boycotting paypal but still have a valid paypal account?

And lots of small businesses mine included would not exist without paypal.

I prefer to help on here to stop ''users'' of paypal getting scammed and answer their queries.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

temp20190903a
Contributor
Contributor

It may Sound funny to you, but I keep my account to stay active on this issue.  I know, funny that I care.   Funny that I want, and push for change.  Funny that Paypal has also ruined many businesses with it's horrible policies.  Funny that you would be ok with this?  Not really funny at all, really it's a shame.  Defend gangsters and thugs if you must, but don't expect me to be silent about it. Say what you will about your involvment with this machine, but your focus should be changing paypal policy so that PAYPAL isn't SCAMMING their customers.  Any other questions??  I have a lot of answers.   Travis Chaudoir

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20190903a

So you are pushing for change with your 4 little posts whereas I have probably saved HUNDREDS from being scammed and helped many others who needed advice.

And i only defend paypal when i think they are right, there is a lot they do right and then there are some things that they do wrong.

But i am not like you just putting ''boycott paypal'' on every thread, I actually try and help people.

And the scams that i stop have nothing to do with paypal as people are taken in with spoof messages.

If i can save them sending their items OR sending hard earned cash by sending a scammer a payment via western union ''thinking that is what paypal have told them to do via a spoof email'' then I will do.

And the folks that mark my post as ''solving'' their issue or giving me kudos / thanks are the USERS of paypal and not paypal itself.

Meanwhile I will leave you to your silly crusade trying to stop 192 million paypal account holders worldwide to boycott paypal.   Smiley Very Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

temp20190903a
Contributor
Contributor

So first you make fun of me for having 4 posts, then you say "boycott paypal" is in every thread.  Umm, yes.  ALL FOUR!   Your comprehension skills are stellar.  My issue with paypal just started.  I appolgize for not getting **bleep** by Paypal sooner.  And really, you talk about all the people you help, but how my task would be so impossible???   I'm trying to help people too.  If you look at all the posts concerning pending money holds, maybe you would see how widespread of a issue this is.  Ignorance is bliss, I get it.   Call me silly, but at least I sign off with my name.  What's your's?   Travis <removed>

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20190903a

Smiley Wink

Think if you read your first post the one having a go is you.

Sorry your not worth my time > off to help folks that need help.

You can carry on your silly crusade with your so clever username.

Bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.