Money is STILL pending!

lo_brown
New Community Member

Can anyone please help me out? As much as I was appauled at PayPal holding my money from an item I sold on ebay for 21 days, I accepted I was a relatively new eBay user and I remained patient. I added a tracking number to hurry up the process, I know it has been recieved as the buyer confirmed AND left positive feedback. I have never had any negative feedback. It has now been 22 days and I still cannot withdraw my money, can anyone shed some light on why PayPal are still pending my transaction? My account is also verified is that makes a difference?

As a new user to PayPal/eBay I would appreciate any comments. 🙂

Login to Me Too
86 REPLIES 86

jcass
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Same problem here, have emailed twice and no reply. Total rip off. Never again J
Login to Me Too

brookes745
New Community Member

Just fallen foul of this for the first time in 10 years on Paypal. Sold an item on e-bay to a guy who has a low (but 100%) feedback score. He transferred the money as soon as the item sold but its showing as pending in my account. I phoned up and navigated throught the nightmare verbal command menu system (shouting doesn't appear to work) to speak to a very pleasant young lady who told me that it was for MY(???) protection and there was nothing to be done about it. I have had hundreds of transactions on e-bay/paypal with no issues ever but suddenly some security software has decided this transction is at risk and so I can't get my money for up to 21 days.....

What gives Paypal the right to hold on to my funds.......??? I'm sure its buried somewhere in the terms and conditions and as such I haven't got a leg to stand on. What I can do however is wait until the payment clears, withdraw my funds, close the account and then take to social media to expose this scam as widely as possible!!!

Rant over.

Login to Me Too

thomasmlinek
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing here i have seen the seller as recueved the item. no money yet. i have recieved positive feedback for buyer, no money yet. this isnt right at all

Login to Me Too

richgk
Contributor
Contributor

This is an accountants method of inflating a businesses value as much as possible. The simple method is (A) get your money as quick as possible into your account. (B) Pay your creditors as late as is legally possible.

A company I worked for tried to do this method and ended up **bleep** off their suppliers so much that about half of them refused to do business with them. It took a lot of cash and begging to get back to the kinds of happy relationship and all the benefits that brings (ie cheap prices from suppliers) that they enjoyed before. The whole experiment was seem as an unmitigated disaster and it's good that Paypal are treating their loyal (ha like we have a choice) creditors with the same distain and crass attitude.

Login to Me Too

Jasonbonnie
Contributor
Contributor
Iv done everything that they have asked like the 25 transactions and the 3 months etc but when some pay me for an item I can't get to my money unless I ring them and ask then to change it from pending to available why the **bleep** does this happen cos I can be waiting for days sometimes weeks arrrrrr arrrrrrr bloody arrrrr
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Jasonbonnie.

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that your payments are still being placed on hold.

If you would like us to look into this further for you, could you please reach out to us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

David.

Login to Me Too

BALLIST1X
Contributor
Contributor

Firstly, cant believe a financial transaction company would resort to support via facebook.

thats laughable.

Seconldly, i have good feedback and many sales and my last 2 tranmsactions have been put on hold. Paypal owe me £100, what a joke. Never again. Your loss not mine.

kthxbye

Login to Me Too

duckysempai
Contributor
Contributor
I have emailed support a few times, although i have had replys. They are now ignoring my emails and used support through facebook but they havent even opened the messages, hitting 3days now since i sent them, shocking to say the least !!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@duckysempai

Phone?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DiamondMinnota
New Community Member

I had the same exact situation in my hands just call paypal about it and they will kindly put it as available for youSmiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.