Money Request

Stephan89
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so i sent a money request to someone for £310 i just wanted to no how it works becuase i am going to send a package to nigeria because thats what the person wants,

so i will send it first class recorded in 2 parts as i dont currently have all of the items ordered in stock

1: how do i no i will recieve the money once i have sent the items?

2: and does paypal hold the money or do they take it from the account when i give them the tracking number?

can anyone help me and if you need more info please let me know

thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

damanmccann
New Community Member

Hi

A few years ago i had the same thing i got an email saying paypal had the funds and was waiting for a tracking number for the item and then funds would be processed. However it was a fake email i sent my phone and got no money.

If i were you i would be very wary of this

Hope this helps 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

damanmccann
New Community Member

Hi

A few years ago i had the same thing i got an email saying paypal had the funds and was waiting for a tracking number for the item and then funds would be processed. However it was a fake email i sent my phone and got no money.

If i were you i would be very wary of this

Hope this helps 

Login to Me Too

Stephan89
Contributor
Contributor

yea i think you are right the email did look a bit dodgy and so was the guy should have known really thanks alot you have

saved me alot off money and hassle thanks much appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Lisa144
New Community Member

Hi,

I've just had a similar email, again asking me to dispatch my item (a laptop) to Nigeria & email confirmation of dispatch before the payment will be sent to my account. I'm definitley thinking that this is a fraud/scam, so can anyone tell me how I go about informing PayPal of what's happening? I've already emailed the person in question that I am not willing to send the goods until payment has cleared.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

steveb2
New Community Member

Hi I know the net/ebay/paypal etc can be scarey, but I CAN'T believe that people would POST goods before receiving payment, I have always believed in academic qualifications, but always believed that COMMON SENSE cannot be taught,

Am I right or can common sense be taught?.

Login to Me Too

pandabargains20
New Community Member

Could be an expensive course!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.