MOVING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY

morriganne1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, What can't we change the living country ? or how to ? I moved in another country, should i close my account or can i change my details ? Thanks a lot for your help

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

PayPal_barry

Hey all, whenever PayPal expand into a new market or country. We are required to negotiate and be in line with the Financial Laws of that country. That basically means that when, for example, a French PayPal account is opened, the information on it must be based in France.  Should that person move to the UK, they can continue to use their French account. But if they get a UK address and UK based financial (bank and/or card) they will have to attach these to a UK account.

If you are intending to move to another country, long term or short term, and do get a bank account or card while there. It may be worth opening a PayPal account in that region. You will also have an option to select English as the primary language on that account. Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

bbeauty19
New Community Member

I have no problem with my paypal account.  However, I do have a problem with changing  my postal address!  Because I am no longer in the UK and having sold the property that I originally owned and used in the UK on my Paypal account I need to delete my primary postal address however, for whatever reason, I cannot.

This of course is a problem.  I have to remember to check the delivery address for each purchase and on occasions I have forgotten to do so, which of course causes no end of problem.

Why can't I delete my UK postal address?  I have another UK address (my parents) but still I cannot delete my primary address.

Come on Paypal, try at least to be more USER FRIENDLY....!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

are you getting an error message when you try and delete it?

I would suspect that you have a card set up with your old UK address, you cannot remove an adress if it is linked with a card billing address. You should either update the card or remove it from your account. You will then be able to remove the address. This can all be done on your profile.

Login to Me Too

LizelSalter
New Community Member

Hi there

What would you recommend in the following situation.

Have a Paypal account in UK, and live there for about 1-5 months of the year.

Also live in South Africa for between 7-11 months of the year at this point.

May well return to UK full time in year or so, so do not wish to lose UK account, but also need to sell products and services online whilst in SA.

Should I open another account in SA and run from there, so can use UK account upon return?

What would you say is best option.

Thanks

Lizel

Login to Me Too

paulodwyer
New Community Member

Rubbish Paypal, all that nonsense about financial laws of other countries. You dont even offer english language usage on the French site.

Login to Me Too

pixartmilano
New Community Member

It is perfectly legal in UK to own a Business (ex. a Limitded) based in UK but live and to be resident in another country but paypal do not permit this in business account informations. So how to complete all informations needed?

Another problem... if I have UK account and a user from another country want to pay me without creating a paypal account, when he choose his country the page reload and he must create an account in order to proceed with the payment!
This discourage buyers and will make me loose transactions.

Login to Me Too

steven210959
New Community Member

This is very useful but what about any funds left in our UK paypal as we have a couple of hundred so dont wanna just write it off.?

Login to Me Too

sjfish
New Community Member

Now in answer to the 2 above replies -

1) No - no representative of paypal has contacted me

2) What I did is exactly as described above: create a new email address specifically for the purpose of paypal, assign it to the CURRENT paypal account, then set up a NEW paypal account in the new country, with the regularly used email address. Note though, you need to come up with a new password.

Then you can transfer funds between accounts if necessary.

But note - If you then log in with the new account, you'll have to log in to the community forum with a NEW login identity!!!!

Man Mad

Anyhow it is all good now, and flowing well. Weirdly I am now getting a how heap of Paypal phishing emails... Smiley Sad

Once again the spellcheck questions Paypal and wants to replace it with the far too reverent Papal - as in from or pertaining to the Pope!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

rubenperezm

This is very useful for me living in France with my family in Mexico.

My question is if I create a new account in México (a personal one), Can I do send money between my to PP accounts ? For instance send 300€ from my Premium account in France to my Personal account in Mexico.

Best. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi rubenperezm,

Welcome to our community page.

This is called cash advancing and I am afraid it is not allowed. You are only allowed to have one business PayPal account and one Personal/Premier PayPal account.

I am sorry if this may have caused inconvenience.

Arda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.