MOVING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY

morriganne1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, What can't we change the living country ? or how to ? I moved in another country, should i close my account or can i change my details ? Thanks a lot for your help

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

Sneakythrush
New Community Member

Paypal claim to have options in more than 200 countries but actually in many cases local banks don't allow you to use it. 

In our case the local bank don't allow to link your paypal account with your bank account (neither credit, debit cards), so now we have two paypal accounts, one abroad in a country which we are not living anymore and one in Nicaragua (where is were I need to manage my business and money). 

And no solutions in the near time

Login to Me Too

kanika
New Community Member

Hey

I followed your answer, but was still unable to close my account. the option is not shown on the page. What do I do? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Kanika,

I am sorry to hear you are not seeing the option to close your account. If there are currently any open issues on your account you would be unable to close your account. You will see if there are any open issues on your account by going ot the resolution centre.

If there are no open issues and you are still not getting the option the please contact us directly so we can help. You can contact us via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Thanks for posting and please do let us know how you get on.

Paula

Login to Me Too

joselbaez
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm in a similar situation as many here, although my problem is that after moving to another country, I'm not able to close my account. Checking the resolution center, I find myself with no pending issues, but still when I click the close account link I only get the ambiguous message:

"Before you close your account

Sorry there's a problem. Please try again later"

I have been trying this for many days with no success. 

Given this, when I try alternatevely to open a new account with a different email address, I cannot complete the register form since it always returns an error message saying there are missing fields (which are not). I suspect the system is detecting my full name or other info, therefore preventing me opening a new account.

This is one of the most frustrating devil's loop I have ever experienced in a web based service (I would ditch Paypal in a second, but sadly so many services use it as only mean of transaction).

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi joselbaez,

Welcome to the community forum.

I'm sorry you are running into such difficulty getting set up in your new country. In order to resolve this for you we would need to see your account, which I am afraid we cannot do here. 

I'd recommend getting in touch with our customer service team. You can get us by clicking 'contact' at the bottom of any page. Calling would be best so everything can be done at once but you can contact us on social media as well. On Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPalUK and on Twitter @AskPayPal . 

One thing to check is if there is any balance in your old account. An account can't be closed if there is money available, even a few pence or if there is a transaction pending. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

gabiyiy
New Community Member

Hi, what if i did not close my paypal account in Uk, and i have some money to pay there as well, because i forgot. Now i am in Poland and i am not comming back to UK. How can i change my paypal adress and pay the money i owe????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.