Limitation of account because I was "under 18 years old when you opened your PayPal account".

winkler_tomas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

after weeks of trying to get rid of this lousy notification saying that I am approching annual limit, I got limited to "not able to receive or send money" today. Well, thanks a lot for my patient awaiting for the reply from Paypal (had to wait 2 weeks or so and sent few messeges), and after all this time I was waiting only to get "banned". The reply from Paypal support was that I was under 18 at the time I created the account. Well, I am 21 now and therefore I should be eligible to have an active account, right? I am sorry that I have not been 18 at the time I have created the account, but I have not used it properly until I was 18, so I don't see a problem here. I was told that I have to create a new account with a new e-mail address. I am OK with creating a new Paypal account, but I am not OK with creating another e-mail that I will not use on daily basis just to re-create my alike Paypal account. Is not it possible to withdraw my money to my bank account, close my account, and then create it, using the same e-mail address? This is super important to me, since I use my primary e-mail for everything and would really hate to create a new one. I love everything about Paypal, but this is just unreasonable move. I really hope for this to turn out well and that my trust will not be shattered into pieces.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@winkler_tomas

Only customer services can answer that one for you. If you close your other account you "may" be able to use the same email addy but its not guaranteed.

But annoying as it is it was caused by you breaking paypal rules in the first place so hardly paypals fault.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alx926
Contributor
Contributor

I have asked my brother about the chargebacks from 2013 and he says he has no idea what they were from, and didnt even know they occurred. we are not going to pay money we don't owe.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alx926

No probs, just look out for the debt collectors that may well be knocking on your door and place of work as paypal sells off any debts to a debt collection agency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.