Lifting the amount you can send

Joshiethehusky
Contributor
Contributor

Very puzzled by this request as my debit card is related to the amount I have in the bank - it is not a credit card. So if I have nothing in the bank I cannot make a purchase or withdrawal. Why do Paypal need verification of the bank details? Very nervous about sending bank details online anyway.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Joshiethehusky,

When you open a PayPal account we want to get you up and running as quickly as possible, so we only ask for essential information. However, as a financial institution, we have to comply with laws and regulations, including limits on new accounts. There is a sending limit placed on each transaction and an annual sending limit. These limits are there because we have not verified certain information about you.

To become Verified, log in to your PayPal account and click the 'Get Verified' link on your Account Overview page and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Joshiethehusky,

When you open a PayPal account we want to get you up and running as quickly as possible, so we only ask for essential information. However, as a financial institution, we have to comply with laws and regulations, including limits on new accounts. There is a sending limit placed on each transaction and an annual sending limit. These limits are there because we have not verified certain information about you.

To become Verified, log in to your PayPal account and click the 'Get Verified' link on your Account Overview page and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Joshiethehusky
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Siobhan, I will do as you say - woof! woof!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.