Keep receiving scam emails saying i have bought something through Paypal which i haven't.

Twigxuk

I have just recently signed into my mums email account, she sadly passed away in the last year so id thought id better check to see if her account was still up and running. I have noticed she has been getting scam emails saying that she has signed upto subscriptions on skype also buying other things on paypal which was after her death. They looked like proper paypal emails but I am always wary. Obviously I was worried to start with, I didn't click any links just in case as it seemed odd but then signed in to her paypal on another browser and it showed on there that nothing had been going out which was a relief. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do whether to report I to you, Paypal, or if there is anything else I can do, I will block and mark the emails as spam. An suggestions what I should do? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Twigxuk

I have just seen the related topic below, doesn't look like im the only one receiving these emails. I am just going to block them from now on. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Twigxuk, 

The quickest way to determine if an email is from PayPal is to check how the email is addressed. When you  receive an email from PayPal it will always be address using the account holders full name. Also we do not put links in our emails. If you are still  receiving these emails please forward them to us at spoof@paypal.com. You can also report them to your email provider as phishing emails. 

I hope this helps and thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.