Iphone app not working

ashpilot
New Community Member

Since the last update on the 14th of May the payal app on my iphone or ipad is not working.  I can't login, the details are correct and after a long period of time I get the follwoing error message "system error.  Please try again later."

Can someone please listen and fix this issue.  Mine is not an isolated case a simple google search many others have this issue.  Ive tried to email paypal but get a useless message, I do not have time to phone up customer services especially as this is not an isolated issue.

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

Private-eye
New Community Member
Mine not working either and sent email to paypal but got a reply that didn't even address my issues. When will this be solved Paypal?
Login to Me Too

Pomodoro
Contributor
Contributor
Delete paypal app from phone. Reinstall and log in. Do NOT sign out when you're finished, just press home button. Next time you tap PayPal app it will briefly open the activities page, then ask for your password in the usual way. Try this. It's working for me!
Login to Me Too

yo_j

Did not work! Still same issue...

Login to Me Too

upacreek

I'm having the same problem since the last iphone app update several weeks ago.  I have called in to tech support 3 times.  The 1st time I was told by a person reading a script to use all sorts of different services available on PayPal and that it wasn't possible for anyone to log in via their mobile number.  I insisted on speaking to someone at a higher level.  He said someone would contact me within a few days.  No one called.  I called in again a week later on 10/30/14.  There was no record of my previous call.  I explained once again I can log in successfully 1 time, and then any time after that, I must power off my iphone before I can log in again via my email or mobile number.  Once I log out, I cannot log back in again until I power off my phone.  I have un-installed and re-installed the PayPal app several times. I have tried it while on my cellular network and while on wi-fi.

During call #2, they had me try logging in while on the phone with them and they said they could not see my attempts to log in.  They gave me a ticket number and said someone would contact me within a few days to follow up.

Nearly 2 weeks go by and still no call from PayPal.  I contact them once again on 11/13/14.  They say my ticket was "canceled" and there was no reason stated.  I was transferred to 2nd level support.  He too could not see a reason for it being canceled and seemed genuinely willing to help resolve this issue, but it was not his skillset to do so.  He then transferred me to a supervisor.  "Brad" told me that they do not follow-up on tickets and do not return calls to customers.  He said he has not heard of this problem before and that since I am the only one who has this problem, it is a problem with my network.  I asked what department he was in and he claimed he was in the technical support department.  I strongly urged him to escalate this matter and he made it clear he had no intention on doing so as I am the only one with this problem and for me to have a good evening.

Wow.  Thank you PayPal.  

Login to Me Too

Onlineshopper10
Contributor
Contributor
Upacreek, as you can see you are not alone and rep you got is an idiot since is problem has been around for months now at least. It's only an issue with people using the security key to my knowledge but I'm not giving up the security key. They will fix it eventually I hope. There are plenty there that will acknowledge the problem. Very frustrating!!!!!
Login to Me Too

marklthomas2
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having the same problem and am using 4s. This didn't start till the ios 8.1 update and it seems funny that it's almost in conjunction or is in conjunction with the launch of Apple Pay. Hmmmmmm.. could be a conspiracy.

Login to Me Too

Cflyrun
New Community Member

Same issues here. Shame.

Login to Me Too

marklthomas2
Contributor
Contributor
Looks like with the update to iOS 8.1.1 and pay pals new update, my mobile app is running fine and allowing me to log in and out with no problems yet.
Login to Me Too

Onlineshopper10
Contributor
Contributor
Hallelujah!!! You are right. It works now!!! Let's hope it lasts.
Login to Me Too

DrBillP
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry - still does not work.  updated IOS to 8.1.1 - on iPhone 5S on which it always worked until it didn't.  deleted the paypal app as directed and re-downloaded and installed.  No help - same error that this version does not support security key.   please use website.

so this fix is no fix.  this app is no app.  this system is apparently broken and borked beyond repair?  Please advise.  the paypal phone app was one of the great joys of using paypal.  My banks now have their own pay-by-phone apps - would rather continue using paypal but don't see a solution in sight.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.