I lost my mobile and have a new mobile number

estovermassive
Contributor
Contributor

I lost my mobile and have a new mobile number, i tried to send money and it is prompting that i get text from old number:s what to do?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there estovermassive, 

I would suggest removing this mobile phone number from your account.

Here's how:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Click My settings.
  4. In the 'Mobile devices and push notifications' section, click Update.
  5. Select your mobile phone, and then click Remove Device.
  6. Click OK to remove your phone from your PayPal account. 

You can also unlink your mobile phone number from your account so you won’t be able to send or receive money by text message. Here’s how:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Click My personal info.
  4. In the 'Phone' section, click mobile payments.
  5. Click Unlink.
  6. Click Unlink to complete the change.

Your PayPal account is safe even if your phone is lost or stolen because you are the only one who knows your mobile PIN.

Hope this helps!

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

Dourscot
New Community Member

But if the user doesn't have their phone they can't access the account ot change the key - doh!

Login to Me Too

navdza
New Community Member

exactly, if your number is not active or lost then surely you cannot access your account, so what is the other solution here, there must be some way to getin to yout account, email address should be used as valid cause depending on phone number would be real difficult.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Navdza.

If you are unable to login to your PayPal account and your phone number has changed, you should try reaching out to our customer service team directly and we can assist you with getting your password reset.

This can be done by calling us on 0800 358 7911 and we can assist you with getting your password reset.

David.

Login to Me Too

Stubendy78
New Community Member

PayPal_david

Hi there Stubendy78.

Welcome to the Community!

If you are unable to login to your PayPal account and you have changed your phone number, you would need to call our customer service team directly on 0800 358 7911 and we can assist you with getting logged into your PayPal account again.

David.

Login to Me Too

timurjk
New Community Member

Hi there,

I'm having a similar issue about not having the same number as when I created my PayPal account. I have the PayPal app on my phone but the phone has stopped working completely so I can't confirm my security details that way.

The complicated thing is that I'm temporarily working on Zanzibar, Tanzania, but still use my PayPal account for purchases from online UK vendors. I want to make a purchase right now but can't. I cannot get a new phone yet and even once I do, the charges for international calls are extremely high here. Will it be possible to gain access to my account again without calling and speaking to the customer services team?

Best wishes,

Timur

Login to Me Too

dolmiosauce
New Community Member

when you call the help line number guess what you need to give them.....my old mobile number that i don't know. aaaaaagggggghhhh.

Login to Me Too

Misschazr
My boyfriend is having a problem like this with his paypal he was prompted to verify it was him before he could get into his account and it got him to change his password only thing now it wont log him into the mobile site he can only get into the app, but he recently got a payment through his paypal and he cant get it because paypal wont let him send it elsewere or withdraw it into his bank account, he has this money but cant do anything with it. All has been validated he has had the account for 5 years he cant buy of ebay either now no thanks to paypal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.