I have been scamed!!! non-paying buyer phishing email fake paypal consultant

thuha764
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item for someone. not on Ebay but on gumtree ads, She told me to pay via Paypal as its secure and fast, I agree. After a while I got an notification email looking like from Paypal: Cristy Roben Has Sent You Via PayPal Order Confirmed From: "" View Contact To: You've got new funds!

This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED"but will not be credited into your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send tracking number to us or email us through this mail onlineverifyfundconsultant dot com and our customer service care will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account. once shipment has been verified and the tracking number sent to us,

You will receive a "CONFIRMATION Email" from PayPal® informing you that the Money has been credited Thank you for using PayPal! The PayPal Team. But after a few hours there's another notification of that "My name is Richard Wilson. I'm a PayPal representative in charge of your transaction with Cristy Bassani" and Im pretty sure Ive been conned after I read this email Refunding Issue "We are sorry for the lately reply.We are here to inform you that an over payment was made to your account £250 was deducted from our client's account instead of $150.We need you to go to the Western Union store and have £100 transfer via western union and get back to us with the money transfer info.We will then send you an email to confirm your Bank or Credit Card info and the £100:00 shall be credited into it."

It looks like from official Paypal staff so I trust in that and today I ship her order via Roymail special delivery, I have the proof of postage here still.So BASICALLY I SENT THE ITEM FOR HER ALREADY BY Special delivery and now she and that fake consultant of Paypal tells me to go to Western Union to send CASH FOR HER to Another address because of Overpayment error? What the heck does that mean? How do I get my payment now? :((

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44

kaa
Contributor
Contributor

They tried to scam me yesterday from these mails.

youngtomas07 (@) gmail . com
pay_palshelp (@) consultant . com

Below is the final email that i received from "youngtomas07", after that i received fake emails from "pay_palshelp" with paypal logotype and beautifully designed text. they sad that i should send tracking number and after that i will receive my money.

-----
"Hi friend,

Am very glad to let you know that i have successfully make the
payment and the money has already been deducted from my personal
PayPal account and i hope by now you could have received an E-mail
Confirmation from PayPal by checking your (INBOX,JUNK or SPAM)
concerning the Approval of the payment that i made.

So, the final procedure now is for you to kindly go ahead and ship out
the item right away and then contact the PayPal with the shipment scan
receipt so that they can verify the shipment evidence proof and also
for them to activate and credited the money into your account
immediately okay.

Below is the shipment address..

Name..(here goes name)
Address..(address)
City..Ibadan
State..Oyo
Zip Code..23402
Country..Nigeria

Nice doing business with you and i will be waiting for the shipment
receipt from you okay."
----

Dont trust these emails.

Login to Me Too

K_A_K_I
New Community Member

Hello my friend,
This YOUNGTOMAS07 I have deceived me.
He seized the property and $ 260.

I ask if there is any information I get from me

Login to Me Too

aochoa
New Community Member

BEWARE!!! This person is now going by the name of Michelle Scavo. 

Login to Me Too

Prayerz
New Community Member

I almost got scammed today!! Luckly one of the workers at the post office told me there has been a lot of fraud on items being shipped out to Nigeria. Called Ebay, and they walked me through seeing if i was being scammed. They I was forsure being scammed. Good thing that worker saved my otem from being robbed. I was about to send it as well. This person is going by the name of Sandra Morgan!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

pili
Contributor
Contributor

Received this today and did not send anything because there is nothing on my paypal account so i believe that is attempt of fraud.

Dear v******@gmail.com

You have an Instant Payment of $420,00 USD from Jimmy Roy

(jmroy930@gmaildotcom)

This PayPal Payment has been deducted from the buyer's account but cannot be

credited into your account until the Shipment Information is received from you

i.e Tracking Number or a copy of the Shipment Receipt.

You can now go and ship out the buyer's merchandise and send the Posting

information to us directly via email at {pay_palshelp@consultantdotcom} for the

verification and for an instant transfer of your fund.

Shipping Address - Confirmed

Name : Angie Hammond

Address : 806 Masters St Apartment 14

City : Advance

State : Missouri

Zip code : 63730

Paypal Verified

Login to Me Too

New Community Member

Hello to everyone. I was just lucky and curious enough to dig (google) this person's email adress. I can see that he also tried to commit fraud with some of you. 

His/Her email is jm*****0@gmail.com and he wanted me to sell him Lens and send it from Serbia to USA without no questions or negotiations about price. His name is Jimmy Roy by the way!

Beware of this man, he may also try to scam you!

Login to Me Too

svetlyachok
I had same problem:

***Confirmation Of An Instant Payment of $2,547.00 USD From (Blessing J Williams) ** TRANSACTION ID: (0FB53772GH379443F) ***

Dear а**********@hotmail.com,

You've got a payment of $2,547.00 USD from Blessing J Williams (***@gmail.com)
Thanks for using PayPal. To see all the transaction details, Read The information BELOW carefully

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account please follow the new PayPal policy.

Seller

а**********@hotmail.com
Note to seller
Please get the money send to the agent for there quick pick up.
Pick Up Agent Info. - confirmed

Name:: Wanda Lee
Address::  Sugar creek  APT B 6 North Liberty, ia 52317
State; iowa
City:: North Liberty
Zipcode:: 52317

Payment Details  

Payment Type to Pick up agent
Money Gram Money Transfer 
Description
Unit price
Qty
Amount
keyboard

Item Number :Not On File
$1,997.00 USD
$1,997.00 USD

Pick up Agent Fee

$500.00 USD

Money Gram Charges
$50.00 USD

Total Payment
$2,547.00 USD

Payment sent to
а**********@hotmail.com

Below is the address where the money is to be sent to using Money Gram Money Transfer.

State; iowa

Please note:
Blessing J Williams has made the payment and his intentions known to PayPal that she will like the$500.00 USD to be sent to her pick up agent via Money Gram Money Transfer so that her shipper can proceed in picking up the purchase, before your account can be credited, also note that this method of payment can not be reverse, All you have to do is to reply directly to this email with the Reference Number.

Please understand that as this transaction was done via our e-mail payments service, any inquiries and necessary information should be sent to us by directly replying to this message, because of the status of this transaction, it has not been passed on to our customer care phone service section,and all inquiries should be directed to this e-mail address as it is the one monitored for your transaction.

This payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited into your account until the Reference Number # is sent to us for verification, so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below are the relevant information required before your account will be credited.

If you believe you've received a phishing email, follow these steps right away:
1. Forward the entire email to spoof@paypal.com.
2. Do not alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment.
3. Delete the suspicious email from your inbox.
How to report a suspicious email to PayPal
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/report-problem

Login to Me Too

svetlyachok
I had same problem:

***Confirmation Of An Instant Payment of $2,547.00 USD From (Blessing J Williams) ** TRANSACTION ID: (0FB53772GH379443F) ***

Dear а**********@hotmail.com,

You've got a payment of $2,547.00 USD from Blessing J Williams (***@gmail.com)
Thanks for using PayPal. To see all the transaction details, Read The information BELOW carefully

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account please follow the new PayPal policy.

Seller

а**********@hotmail.com
Note to seller
Please get the money send to the agent for there quick pick up.

State; iowa

Payment Details  

Payment Type to Pick up agent
Money Gram Money Transfer 
Description
Unit price
Qty
Amount
keyboard

Item Number :Not On File
$1,997.00 USD
$1,997.00 USD

Pick up Agent Fee

$500.00 USD

Money Gram Charges
$50.00 USD

Total Payment
$2,547.00 USD

Payment sent to
а**********@hotmail.com

Below is the address where the money is to be sent to using Money Gram Money Transfer.

State; iowa

Please note:
Blessing J Williams has made the payment and his intentions known to PayPal that she will like the$500.00 USD to be sent to her pick up agent via Money Gram Money Transfer so that her shipper can proceed in picking up the purchase, before your account can be credited, also note that this method of payment can not be reverse, All you have to do is to reply directly to this email with the Reference Number.

Please understand that as this transaction was done via our e-mail payments service, any inquiries and necessary information should be sent to us by directly replying to this message, because of the status of this transaction, it has not been passed on to our customer care phone service section,and all inquiries should be directed to this e-mail address as it is the one monitored for your transaction.

This payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited into your account until the Reference Number # is sent to us for verification, so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below are the relevant information required before your account will be credited.

If you believe you've received a phishing email, follow these steps right away:
1. Forward the entire email to spoof@paypal.com.
2. Do not alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment.
3. Delete the suspicious email from your inbox.
How to report a suspicious email to PayPal
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/report-problem

Login to Me Too

carinnad
Contributor
Contributor

Well it almost happened to me.  Only my buyers name is Worfford Pernell Irvin from Spartanburg, South Carolina.  Also represented by the famous Richard Wilson.  This guy was so kind, he even send me a copy of his ID card with a photo!

The only thing is I didn't respond as quickly as what Mr W. would like and I received a letter from Paypal threatening me.. and thereafter a nasty email from Mr W. himself telling me he handed me over to Paypal...

I told him something smells fishy and that I will phone Paypal in the morning to confirm everything and will get back to him ASAP.  Up to now, I haven't heard from him since...

Oh..I told him I'm in the legal proffesion and could easily investigate this matter

Hello Carinna Duncan,

It is important we know the status of the Item bought from you by one of our clients, 
Wofford Pernell Irvin with Transaction ID:KMM69870892V1725L0KM, otherwise legal action will be taken against you since you have not e-mailed us the Money Gram Transfer Information and scanned receipt of the Money Gram transfer.

We believed you entered into agreement by requesting money through PayPal from the buyer, and by not e-mailing us with the details of the Money Gramn transfer information, you are violating PayPal users agreement in act of the 1999 Law in collaboration with the World Law Enforcement Agency.

You are now mandated to transfer the sum of $150.00 USD to the buyer's shipping company as part of the amount to send and email us the proof of transfer within the next 12hrs, failure to do so would result to the involvement of the FBI/RCMP for violating PayPal's instructions and users agreement in act of the 1999 Law in collaboration with the World Law Enforcement Agency.

We are ensuring to make Online Transaction a safer place, therefore we need to set confidence on all our users.

We request for the Money Gram  transfer information from Money Gram to prove the transfer has been made within the next 12hrs and we will fund the money into your account or you will face the consequences of LEGAL ACTION.

This is done for the protection of both the seller and buyer from the ongoing internet fraud activities.

Thanks for using PayPal Online Payment !!.

PayPal Help Team.

Login to Me Too

Avenging7Folds
Contributor
Contributor
I have been ripped off of 300 dollars this week I was selling an Xbox one and extra stuff on eBay and I got a message from someone telling me to text them. I am new to eBay and very trusting of people and unfortunately I gave them my phone number. I sent pictures to the number with my eBay name next to the item and they said they wanted to buy it. After that I received an email from "PayPal Transactions" saying that I had received payment of 300. I quickly jumped to conclusion and shipped the object to the address in the email. It took me a while to realize I had been scammed. When I go the reply to the email from "PayPal Transactios" it says I'm replying to "Transactionsp (at) gmail.com". Here is a copy of the email I received initially I have the alleged buyers number and also the address I shipped the item to. Also I used tracking from the USPS to watch the shipment. I received an email that said the following: """" Please process this order as soon as possible, You received a payment of $300.00 USD from Aubrey Taylor. Please process your order right away. This payment is now pending and temporarily unavailable. This money will be moved to your available balance and released to you in 2-3 days (as long as there are no problems with your orders). Want to get your payment of $300.00 USD faster? Here are a few steps you can take: Ship your item quickly. Then mark the item as shipped on the Transaction Details page. Estimated payment release date: Within 1-2 hours of the delivery date. Provide a USPS, UPS, or FedEx tracking number. Have a product or service that doesn't need to be shipped (e-book, piano lessons, etc)? Mark your order as processed and provide details. Estimated payment release date: Within 7 days after you mark as processed. For more information, log in to PayPal and click See how to get your money faster at the top of the page. You may also get the payment earlier if buyer confirms that the item was delivered without any problems. Payment Details: Amount (pending): $300.00 USD Transaction ID:24J963903E6094315 Buyer's Email: SCutie.16 (at) yahoo.com Ship to address: Aubrey Taylor 1029 Monterey Court University Park,IL 60484 Sincerely, PayPal Help Center | Security Center This email was sent by an automated system. To get in touch, log into your account and click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page. Copyright © 2016 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131. PayPal Email ID PP1344 - 77e118e2207e """" As you can see it looked very believable and unfortunately I didn't check my paypal balance. Here is the information I have on the buyer: NAME- Aburey Taylor EMAIL- Scutie.16 (at) yahoo.com ADDRESS- 1029 Monterey Court University Park,IL 60484 PHONE-(708)6676218
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.