How to send gift to another country?

nooferd
Contributor
Contributor

I want to send my relative some gift.  Is it possible to add gift adress in another country? 

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

reinbergs
Contributor
Contributor

I have a relative in the Phikippines. So I thought I could buy a gift on eBay Philippines and have it shipped to my relative there. Then I see PayPal advises sellers NOT to ship goods to addresses out of the buyers area which in my case is USA. How silly can you get......

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi reinbergs,

Welcome to the Community Forum! I can confirm that it should be possible for you to ship an item to someone in the Philippines. To make sure you're covered by Buyer Protection, you can do this when you're sending your payment.

Here’s how to change your shipping address:

1. When you are reviewing the payment details, click Change under Shipping Address, and then click ‘Add Address’ to add a new address.
  2. Enter the address information and click Add.
  3. Click Change to see your list of current shipping addresses.
  4. Review the details to make sure that all information is correct, and then click ‘Send Money.’

If you’ve already paid for the item, you'll need to contact the seller directly to ask that they ship to the address of your choice. If you provide your shipping address in this way, your payment will not be covered by Buyer Protection.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

reinbergs
Contributor
Contributor

Sophie,

I do NOT want to send a gift from ANOTHER country to the Philippines. That would involve major hassles including customs and duties and taxes. I want to buy on eBay Philippines and send to my relative in the Philippines. PayPal deliberately tells its sellers not to ship goods for a buyer who is out of their country to any place except the country in which the buyer resides. So effectively, PayPal PROHIBITS such transactions. May I express my opinion about how moronic and asinine this policy is..

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi reinbergs,

The steps Sophie has provided will work for what you want to do. It is a way to add an address in a country you are not in regardless of where you are buying from.

We ask our sellers to ship to the address that they receive in the transaction details but if you add the address as described it will be added to the details. 

The country does not matter it is just that the seller must ship to the address he is given so if there is an issue they can prove the item was sent to the right place.

Hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Sufri
New Community Member
Hi Rachael & Sophie I would like to follow up on this subject but its the other way round. My billing address is in Brunei Darussalam but I would like the items i am buying to be delivered to the US, Virginia to be precise as i will be there this December. This would save me on the shipping charges. How do I force Paypal or Ebay to accept this additional shipping address there? Thanks.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Sufri,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

If you follow the steps listed in Sophie's post above, you can register the US shipping address before you complete the payment.

I hope that helps,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Aspasya
New Community Member

hi, can I use that method for Ulta website too? I have tried using a credit card with that method (changing the shipping address) but they refused me, so I want to know if I can using paypal using that method, I want to send gift to my friends in U.S using my paypal (Indonesia), thx

Login to Me Too

Trond
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I have a question regarding the same thing. I do not have an address in UK or USA, but I think the same rules would apply to me. My registered address is in Norway, and I would like to send a birthday gift to a friend in the Philippines. I can find the option for changing the shipping address, but Philippines is not in the list of countries. I don't know if that list is depending on my home country, or if somebody just forgot to add Philippines to the list.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Trond,

No this is not country specific so you should have this option! 

What browser are you using? If you are using Chrome can I ask that you switch to Internet Explorer and try this once more. 

Let us know how you get on!

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Trond
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Unfortunately I can not use MS Internet Explorer. I'm using Linux OS. I have tried with Google Chrome and Firefox, and I see a lot of countries that I've never heard of, but Philippines is missing. I also tried from an Android tablet with the same result. No MSIE on the tablet eighter

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.