How to Change Country Codes for my Pay Pal Phone Number?

GoneDownUnder
Contributor
Contributor

G'day! Smiley Happy

Yes, I'm now on the other side of the world, but my memories and PAYPAL won't let me fully move to Australia! 

Is there any way I can change the COUNTRY CODE on my telephone number? I can't send money or buy things

without including the SMS code that is sent, and obviously I can't recieve it because the country code is now +61 not +44. Any suggestions how to solve this problem would be very much appreciated.

Altering my address is similarly difficult / impossible!

Thanking you,

GoneDownUnder

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal due to differing countries legal and banking regulations has to be country specific.

So if you are now in Australia then you need to open an Australian paypal account and attach Aus financial info to it ie cards and bank accounts.

You can still keep your U.K one open if you want to or close it but if you close it remove your financial info first in case at some time in the future you want to re-open a UK one and use the same bank account etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GoneDownUnder
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your sage advice.

I don't know if it's possible to have two Paypal accounts leading to the one email address, so it might just be best to start afresh!

Again, I appreciate your responsiveness and taking the time to assist me. 

Warm regards, 

GoneDownUnder

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your welcome but you are right you will need to have another email addy to open your Aussie paypal account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dexy
Contributor
Contributor

So what if I didn't know about this, moved out of a country (Greece) and have some balance in my PayPal account (1000 USD) still?

It seems that I'm 1000 usd short now....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.