How do you change your primary email address?

MilsandHills
Contributor
Contributor

I've found numerous different people having trouble with this and PayPal seems not to have provided any kind of response. Some of the solutions offered must be for an older version of the website and don't seem to apply anymore. As it is now, I have no access whatsoever to the email address PayPal have down as my 'Primary' address, so I can't receive any payment receipts or notifications. Absolute bloody pain in the **bleep**, and I have no idea why this is such a big problem. Just let us change the darn thing! 

I have added and validated a new email address but because I can't add it as my 'Primary' address, all of my bus tickets and whatnot that I buy are getting sent to the wrong address where I don't have access!

If anyone can help, please do! Or if I'm being really dumb and I'm missing something here, please let me know. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MilsandHills

Bit confused as to why you can't make it primary, I have just checked in my own paypal account as i have 2 email addresses on there and can make either primary.

Have you added and verified your second email address?

If so then i can click on ''update'' next to the second email address that is NOT primary and there is an option with a tick box that says ''make this email address primary''.............don't you have that option?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Graham5
New Community Member

I am trying to change my primary address too, but have no options to make the new email address the primary.  All I can do is add another email address!  Why is there no help for this - when fsnet shuts in May there will be all sorts of problems if this can't be sorted.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.