How do people pay money into my paypal account

Raydiator
Contributor
Contributor

What details do I give someone who wants to pay money into my paypal account ?  Do I give them my merchant name, my merchant ID or my real name ?  If a company wants to pay me for something, what information should I give them ?

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

mustacheannnie
New Community Member

Wait, okay you don't need a bank account right? because I'm only 15 and I'm selling things online but I don't have a bank account.. just a confirmed paypal..

Login to Me Too

dusty1963

What information do i need to give to someone to put money in my pay pal account ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

be careful who you are accepting payment from. if someone is offering to pay you for an item direct make sure the payment is not fraudulent and then reversed before you send the item.eg someone buying an expensive item and wanting it sent to Nigeria or Indonesia etc.

If it is a friend or a low payment then you can send them a request invoice money from your paypal overview and select correct tab. Or send them the email addy you accept payments with paypal;

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

froging

@dusty1963 wrote:

What information do i need to give to someone to put money in my pay pal account ?

The e-mail address used for your account.  for example I have 7 email addresses attached to my account.  Lets say I do computer work and want them to pay with paypal I charge $35.00 up front I give them frank.computertech at gmail. dot om

they go to paypal clink on send money

click on no paypal account

enter my email address

enter $35.00

enter Credit card info

they get receipt for payment

I get email they paid

I go do the work

If I want I can give them my main email address I signed up with years ago and I will still get a paymant.

Thinks Paypal should give me a kick back for answering these questions.

You can also find these answers on the Paypal FAQ page.

simple as that

Login to Me Too

tia21
New Community Member

i started a little business selling my designs for tattoos and i was having a problems on another website and decided to create a facebook page for it instead. do i just need to put the email i use for paypal on there or have them give me their email and send them an invoice

Login to Me Too

Claire90
New Community Member
Hi I have someone who is interested in a car I put on car sales he says he wants to buy it for his dad (Hyundai. Excel) and wants to pay through PayPal as its very safe and secure for both of us. he wants me PayPal email address and PayPal name I am very suspisous as I've never been paid this way he said also that he can't come view car as he is on a ship for 1 month he has a private pick-up at any location of my choice once payment is completed. I don't want to be scammed. But what gets me is he asked the price which is on my add and pick up place which is also plz help
Login to Me Too

Kicalaf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am newbie on paypal, and want to ask if I have two confirmed email address's ( one with which I log in on pay pal, and second which I added later ), can I send to buyer that second email address to send me the money? 

Login to Me Too

stealth77
New Community Member

Heh,

I got the same thing that a lady says that she is buying from her son and wants to pay via PayPal. Personally, I think it's a scam.

If you are giving it a go, please make sure that the money is already in your bank account, and for whatever reasons that the party gives you to pay for other fees and all, don't bother.

This will be of utmost importance! 

Login to Me Too

planciau
New Community Member

The person I'm dealing with seems "weird"... I understand I need to give him my e-mail address (the one registered with PayPal), but is there any security issue if he knows my name, my phone number (cell) and my postal code???

Thanks,

Pierre

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Guys,

In order to receive money into your PayPal Account all you need to provide to the buyer is your email address. Your email address needs to be confirmed within PayPal for the money to be received.

When you add an email address to your PayPal account, we send you an email to confirm that you own the email address. Click the link in the email to confirm your email address. If you don't receive the email, you can request that we send it to you again. Here’s how:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon at the top of the page.
  3. Beside the email address you want to confirm, click Edit.
  4. Click Confirm this email and we'll send you an email.
  5. Click the link in the email to confirm your email address.

Note:

• Until you confirm your email address, you cannot receive money into your account
  • You also must confirm your email address before you can make it the primary email address on your account

Thanks - Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.