How do people pay money into my paypal account

Raydiator
Contributor
Contributor

What details do I give someone who wants to pay money into my paypal account ?  Do I give them my merchant name, my merchant ID or my real name ?  If a company wants to pay me for something, what information should I give them ?

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

uppergi
Contributor
Contributor

how do people pay money into my paypal account using a mobile phone number.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there uppergi,

Once your buyers phone is activated for PayPal Mobile then they can send payments as per both of the below:

Send a text message using a phone number.

Send a text message using an email address.

For more information on PayPal Mobile:

1. Visit www.paypal.co.uk
  2. Click ‘Home’ near the top of the page.
  3. Under 'Home', hover your icon over ‘Other ways to pay’ and select 'Pay with your mobile'.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

padavathil
New Community Member

Someone want my papal details to send a large amount, somebody will come and pick selling item later.IS it safe???? How long it will take to receive money in my bank account

Login to Me Too

syedamjed
New Community Member

@padavathil wrote:

Someone want my papal details to send a large amount, somebody will come and pick selling item later.IS it safe???? How long it will take to receive money in my bank account

Login to Me Too

gmgl

We have a similar current situation - what did you do and was the outcome good?

Login to Me Too

anadan
Contributor
Contributor

hi, the same thing happened to me. i think it's a fraud. if they say they have a "personal agent that will pick up the item for you" that's really weird, i sent a mail back saying" i think this is a fraud, if true don't get back to me, unless you're a real buyer", and i haven't recieved anything since... This is my oppinion, but im really looking forward for a proffessional to answer this question too

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there anadan,

You are correct- this is not safe.

As a seller you need to cover yourself under PayPal's seller protection guidelines, one of the main criteria is that you have a tracking number/receipt for postage of the item. Allowing collection of items is not safe.

Please forward any emails you are unsure of to spoof@paypal.com

Thanks for posting!

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

seahawks27
New Community Member

im in the same pickle as you are. someone claming to want to buy my car for 9500 although only seen through pictures...did u get a response? is this a sort of scam?

@jodimaus wrote:
I have someone who wants to pay lg amount of money for 5th wheel and then send a delivery service to pick it up with them only seeing it in pics on craigslist. They want my paypal account email address to put the money in. Is there a way this could be a scam? How long after money is in paypal should we wait to let then pick it up

Login to Me Too

617-steve
New Community Member

have sold item on 25 is now 30th how long would it take for payment even with bank holiday£

Login to Me Too

davies
New Community Member

I am new to ebay, i have sold items, my history activity shows that payment is complete from buyers but my balance is still zero?? what am i doing wrong and where is the money? can you help? have you had this problem?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.