How do I remove (very) old postal addresses?

RichKS
New Community Member

Hi there,

I've had this problem for ages and cannot find a solution anywhere online.  It seems a lot of other people are having the same problem, but with no response or solution presented.

In my paypal account, under "profile" and "add or edit address" I have listed exactly two addresses: My home address where my bank account and credit cards are registered and my work address where I have everything I order online shipped.

However, when I check out using Paypal, I am offered a list of over a dozen addresses dating back several years.  Some of these addresses are duplicates of current my home and work addresses and some are historical, places I haven't lived or worked for 10 years in some cases.

I REALLY need those historical addresses to go away, I cannot afford to have goods shipped to the wrong address.  I have already contacted Paypal support via email on a number of occasions and each time the just link me to a FAQ pagwe whcih says I should go to "profile" and "add or edit address" and remove the addresses... whcih aren't there!

Please help, this has been driving me crazy for years!!!

Rich

Login to Me Too
102 REPLIES 102

bug_fan
New Community Member

I am also in grumpy want this fixed category.

Small good news is that PayPal UK telephone customer support do just sort it in a few minutes.

I asked for all addresses except current home address to be removed and in 15 minutes was done with email to say so.

Cheesy, but got the job done.

Login to Me Too

donnad333
Contributor
Contributor

That's swell... But in the United States, getting a live PayPal human being on the phone takes an Act of God. I simplyl can't believe that this practice continues from an organization that is actually a BANK!

Login to Me Too

stafass
New Community Member

Fix it please!!!!

Login to Me Too

re-chord
Contributor
Contributor

add me to the list, Paypal seem either to be INCAPABLE technically (which i cant believe) or simply could'nt care less about our problems, this seems to be typical of large organisations, they dont even seem to be responding to our posts anymore, its a disgrace, PAYPAL you **bleep**.... (they even bleeped **bleep**)

lol heres a quick workaround cos i really dont think they need to bleep the word above, read the first letter in caps of each word to find out what they bleeped.

So Under Cushions Keep

S

U

C

K

if we was all aloud to give you feedback, what do you think it would read like......?

come on paypal i dont dislike you, i dislike the service were all getting....

Login to Me Too

dcthomy
Contributor
Contributor

im getting the same problem , anyone know a customer service email address as when i use the email us form i keep getting that faq automated reply which dosent help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi All, 

Thanks for your posts and comments in relation to the removal of old address. 

If you are seeing a shipping address that is no longer registered to your PayPal account but it is showing on your shipping information when purchasing an item it may be down to the address you have registered on your eBay account. When deleting your address be sure to also delete it on your eBay account. 

Also if you are removing an address that is associated with your registered credit/debit card it is best to amend your address on your card details section before removing your old address. 

Here’s how to change your billing address:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'My money'
  4. Click 'Update' beside 'Debit and credit cards.'
  5. Click 'Edit' next to the card you would like to edit.
  6. You can choose a billing address that is already registered on your account or you can enter a new one.
  7. Enter your information, then click 'Save.' 

I do hope this helps answer all of your questions and post

Paula 

Login to Me Too

dcthomy
Contributor
Contributor

hi Paula thanks for responding

i have checked my credit card addresses using your instructions and they are already correct. so back to the point in hand how can i delete the old address from my profile ?

Login to Me Too

ZennaBug
New Community Member

That doesn't help, my cards all have the correct address!  For god's sake, this is bad.  I have 5 year-old addresses saved!  I went through eBay and Etsy and any other site I can think of and none of them have the old addresses.  Just get rid of the feature!  I understand that programming is hard work, but this is getting outrageous.  It's been years since this problem started, time to FIX IT.  I always double-check my address at checkout, but sometimes a bug causes the seller to get the wrong one when I submit.  I've taken to always including my address in the comments section, since this has happened to me a couple times and caused packages to go missing.

As a customer, it's infuriating.

Login to Me Too

Clawz114
New Community Member

Add me to the list. This bothers me everytime I make a purchase with Paypal. Like others, I have duplicates and 5 year old addresses on my list with no way to remove them myself.

Login to Me Too

jools0001
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, me too.

When I make a purchase, I have eleven addresses listed, including somewhere I used to work about seven years ago.

I have eight addresses listed when I click Show All Addresses in my profile. I click on Update and I see only two.

Something is clearly wrong here.

I also logged into eBay and checked my addresses there - they have only one listed for me, so if the extra ones are coming from eBay then I can't see where.

Please, please, pleeeeease someone look into this for us. It's very annoying and it's long overdue for resolution.

Thanks

J

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.