How do I remove (very) old postal addresses?

RichKS
New Community Member

Hi there,

I've had this problem for ages and cannot find a solution anywhere online.  It seems a lot of other people are having the same problem, but with no response or solution presented.

In my paypal account, under "profile" and "add or edit address" I have listed exactly two addresses: My home address where my bank account and credit cards are registered and my work address where I have everything I order online shipped.

However, when I check out using Paypal, I am offered a list of over a dozen addresses dating back several years.  Some of these addresses are duplicates of current my home and work addresses and some are historical, places I haven't lived or worked for 10 years in some cases.

I REALLY need those historical addresses to go away, I cannot afford to have goods shipped to the wrong address.  I have already contacted Paypal support via email on a number of occasions and each time the just link me to a FAQ pagwe whcih says I should go to "profile" and "add or edit address" and remove the addresses... whcih aren't there!

Please help, this has been driving me crazy for years!!!

Rich

Login to Me Too
102 REPLIES 102

Guys, this has been going on for ages.  Last year, I had items sent to my old work address and it was such a pain rying to retrieve them.  It's ridculous that Paypal doesny have the functionaityu to remove obsolete addresses.  On Amazon, its so easy, are you guys taking your eye off the ball.  Blackberry and Nokia did this with smartphones and look what happened to them.

Pull you finger out Paypal and stop making silly excuses.  This system is suppose to make life convenient for the customer not try to trip them up.

Login to Me Too

odharvey
New Community Member

this problem still exists - 5 years  on 

I have gone through to the papal page as directed -   and deleted old adddress, but still showing 

??? solution please ? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Odharvey,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that this has been happening for such a log time.

It may be best to contact us so that we can check what is the issue.

You can call us or send us an email if you select the Contact link in your PayPal account.  You can also contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter: @AskPayPal

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Gurutoo

Jessica. 

Please read the thread.  This has been going on for over 5 years. In 2011 a. PayPal rep like you said the issue was with your technical team. "Calling PayPal"'will not help.  

Login to Me Too

Klindy
New Community Member

Add me to the list!

This thread is over a year old (note first entry is July 2010), and it is still not fixed?

They don't care about their customers, they are like all other big business, only about the almighty dollar.

I hope someday, PayPal wants something and they have to wait over a year for it.  

Login to Me Too

savateuse

This is a needless problem.  Paypal is holding onto addresses for places I lived ten years ago, I don't need to go through a list of fifty garbage addresses each time just to click on the right one.  At least give us the option of editing the entire list ourselves, this is just sloppy and dumb.  

Instead of giving me everything short of taking a blood sample and a retina scan each time I want to log into my **bleep** account, how about you resolve THIS PROBLEM!?  

Login to Me Too

bookshaker
New Community Member

Add me to the list of people who want this feature URGENTLY!

Login to Me Too

donnad333
Contributor
Contributor

Guess what... PAYPAL DOESN'T CARE WHAT WE THINK.

Login to Me Too

Unicornlady
Contributor
Contributor

Add yet another one to this ever growing list of frustrated users of Paypal.

I moved house in December and dutifully renewed my address on dear old Paypal. Since then orders on ebay have been sent to my new address with no problem.. but yesterday it decided to send one to my old address. ???? Fortunately I noticed as I pushed confirm and sent the seller a quick e mail telling them of 'my' error (???) they said I should update my details on our lovely Paypal, which I have spent the morning trying to do (Who's stupid idea is it to have an automated help person?)

Guess what? Of course I couldn't do it, in fact my old address didn't even come up for selection.God knows where that has gone. I know there are loads of other old address floating about for me, but why oh why can't we do a simple thing like edit our own account details.

I am really annoyed and frustrated by such a simple request to a massive organisation like Paypal. If they are unable to sort such a simple request from so many of its customers; it makes you wonder if they are fit to handle our monies and personal details.

Login to Me Too

ibisrobe
Contributor
Contributor

Add me to the list of people who want this feature URGENTLY!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.