How do I remove (very) old postal addresses?

RichKS
New Community Member

Hi there,

I've had this problem for ages and cannot find a solution anywhere online.  It seems a lot of other people are having the same problem, but with no response or solution presented.

In my paypal account, under "profile" and "add or edit address" I have listed exactly two addresses: My home address where my bank account and credit cards are registered and my work address where I have everything I order online shipped.

However, when I check out using Paypal, I am offered a list of over a dozen addresses dating back several years.  Some of these addresses are duplicates of current my home and work addresses and some are historical, places I haven't lived or worked for 10 years in some cases.

I REALLY need those historical addresses to go away, I cannot afford to have goods shipped to the wrong address.  I have already contacted Paypal support via email on a number of occasions and each time the just link me to a FAQ pagwe whcih says I should go to "profile" and "add or edit address" and remove the addresses... whcih aren't there!

Please help, this has been driving me crazy for years!!!

Rich

Login to Me Too
102 REPLIES 102

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

Firstly, our technical team are aware of this ongoing issue and they are trying to have the issue resolved. The PayPal website is very complex and it can take longer than anticipated in some cases for some technical issues to be resolved.

When you are making a payment through the PayPal website, you have an option on the Review your Payment page in order to edit the shipping address to have the item posted to. I realise that this may be an inconvenience having to check this any time you are making a payment through your PayPal account but as the PayPal system is user initiated, you need to make sure the information is correct before completing the transaction to your sellers account.

David.

Login to Me Too

GrahamHT
New Community Member

Just to add my name to the frustrated list....digit extractus PayPal

Login to Me Too

Scordicus
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry, but this answer is bulls**t, it is no answer at all!!

I HAVE & DO check the address it's meant to be sent to, but this doesn't stop people from sending the goods to the wrong place when Paypal's system chucks out the wrong address..

What would have been a lot more helpful other than your lame attempt to appease people is to get someone to either fix this problem, or at the very least get someone to contact the people that have thus far complained about this problem because it has had an effect on their day to day lives and offer to remove the defunct addresses manually..

You are an on-line bank for gods sake, potentially loosing people money because of defunct software, you should be taking these matters seriously and making it a priority to ensure that people are not left out of pocket because of goods being sent to the wrong address.. I personally am sick of having to send people messages with payments to ensure that goods get delivered to the correct address..

It simply isn't good enough when you are being paid a lot of commission to provide a decent level of service...
Login to Me Too

tel911
New Community Member

Add  1 more to the list

when I purchase items on ebay I am presented with a long list of addresses some of which are duplicates of my home or work address some are from companies I worked for several years ago, when I try to update addresses in my profile paypal shows 6 addresses which do not include the really old ones yet all I am offered is my home address to remove or edit, if you email Paypal about this all you get is an automated response and then a customer satisfaction ?? survey

what about some good old customer service (as for the previous response from paypal about these problems taking time to sort out please note the date of the first post in this thread lol

I am about to be made redundant again and do not want even more addresses showing so probably the only way round this pile of unexcusable crap is to delete my account and create a new one or maybe not!!

Login to Me Too

oneleft
New Community Member

I also have the same problem as tel911, the only option offered is to remove/edit the home address.

I even tried removing my home address to make the other one showing become the home address in the hope of then editing it to be correct, but you guessed it... you can't remove your home adddress, only edit it!

This really can't be that difficult for Paypal to sort out if they really want to.

Login to Me Too

danieltaustin
New Community Member
Add another one to the list. This is more than just a tad annoying. I can't believe that a simple button to clear all these "3rd party addresses" can really be that hard to implement. Please sort this out
Login to Me Too

usb_milan
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having the same problem for years also - very annoying; seeing addresses from 3 jobs ago.

Login to Me Too

donnad333
Contributor
Contributor

WHERE is PayPal in all of this? For heavens sake, PayPal is a major financial entity and although it is difficult to accept, I have no choice but to believe that PayPal either lacks the technical CAPABILITY to fix this, or perhaps PayPal simply has no desire to respond to its customers.

Login to Me Too

4Anish4

hi,

I have changed the address on the paypal page but still the items have been shipped to my

current address and this has happened on at least 5 occassions.  Now I have to ship these

items to the buyers which means I loose out on the shipping charges.

Can this be corrected???

Anish.

Login to Me Too

JAX1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Please can someone tell me if this has EVER been resolved, as I just tried to make a payment from my PayPal account on a site I've never used before, and EVERY delivery address I've ever sent to for the past 10 years came up on the listing!!!
I had to plough through them all to find the current one, and I would like to delete them all, thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.