How do I remove (very) old postal addresses?

RichKS
New Community Member

Hi there,

I've had this problem for ages and cannot find a solution anywhere online.  It seems a lot of other people are having the same problem, but with no response or solution presented.

In my paypal account, under "profile" and "add or edit address" I have listed exactly two addresses: My home address where my bank account and credit cards are registered and my work address where I have everything I order online shipped.

However, when I check out using Paypal, I am offered a list of over a dozen addresses dating back several years.  Some of these addresses are duplicates of current my home and work addresses and some are historical, places I haven't lived or worked for 10 years in some cases.

I REALLY need those historical addresses to go away, I cannot afford to have goods shipped to the wrong address.  I have already contacted Paypal support via email on a number of occasions and each time the just link me to a FAQ pagwe whcih says I should go to "profile" and "add or edit address" and remove the addresses... whcih aren't there!

Please help, this has been driving me crazy for years!!!

Rich

Login to Me Too
102 REPLIES 102

DaveLee
New Community Member

Still waiting. If this is on the roadmap, when? If not, please tell us its not going to happen.

Login to Me Too

jesmat

@Wilson4 wrote:

I was looking for a solution to delete old Paypal shipping addresses and found this fix:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/summary.view

It worked for me in Canada.

This works perfectly in the UK too.

Many thanks for posting this. I have finally been able to delete my out of date address history!

Login to Me Too

I was able to delete my old addresses easily when checking out. When you select your shipping addresses, you have the option to delete the old ones as long as you have your primary selected. Hope this helps!

Capture.JPG

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.