How do I remove (very) old postal addresses?

RichKS
New Community Member

Hi there,

I've had this problem for ages and cannot find a solution anywhere online.  It seems a lot of other people are having the same problem, but with no response or solution presented.

In my paypal account, under "profile" and "add or edit address" I have listed exactly two addresses: My home address where my bank account and credit cards are registered and my work address where I have everything I order online shipped.

However, when I check out using Paypal, I am offered a list of over a dozen addresses dating back several years.  Some of these addresses are duplicates of current my home and work addresses and some are historical, places I haven't lived or worked for 10 years in some cases.

I REALLY need those historical addresses to go away, I cannot afford to have goods shipped to the wrong address.  I have already contacted Paypal support via email on a number of occasions and each time the just link me to a FAQ pagwe whcih says I should go to "profile" and "add or edit address" and remove the addresses... whcih aren't there!

Please help, this has been driving me crazy for years!!!

Rich

Login to Me Too
102 REPLIES 102

matthewn5
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, I've now got 24 additional addresses including someone in Japan and another in the USA!

All that when I live in the UK.

This really is absurd, I guess Paypal talks about security but doesn't really give a **bleep**.

All we need is a delete button next to each address which comes up in the 'check out' window that isn't our own confirmed address.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi,

Thank you for posting in our Community.

I understand that it can be frustrating to have old addresses in your account. I will pass this feedback on to our teams so that we can look into the option that our customers are able to edit or remove these addresses themselves. 

If you do want to have any old addresses removed at this moment you can always contact us and we will help you remove them. If there are any suspicious addresses added you can also report these to us and we will investigate this. Just click 'contact' at the bottom of a PayPal page to get our number. You can also contact us on Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPalUK and on Twitter @AskPayPal.

-Dian

Login to Me Too

RaoulM
Contributor
Contributor

So this issue has been outstanding for almost SIX YEARS and you still haven't fixed it?

What the XXXX is going on there?  This is trivial UI change to make.

Please escalate to the highest levels of product management and get this done in the next release.  There is zero excuse for users not being able to edit shipping addresses, and as others have pointed out, you are almost certainly in breach of EU privavcy laws by not enabling this self-service.

Login to Me Too

jasonstokes
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't read through all these pages but in case people are still looking for this, this is how I just removed my old addresses:

Click Wallet (top banner)

Click Classic Site (bottom left of screen) which will open the old "My Profile" page

Within Addresses click update, and you should be able to update or delete ALL of your shipping addresses

Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Vader
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks ... It actually worked but for some reason I couldnt get it to set my new address as my home address but the rest of the history is gone so thats better...And it only took SIX (6) YEARS to find an REASONABLE SOLUTION! in the meantime the world has moved on....

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems trying to remove inactive addresses from your account recently.

If you have tried to follow the steps provided by Jasonstokes and you are still unable to get these addresses removed, can you please try reaching out to us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or viaFacebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you and help you with getting these addresses removed? 

David.

Login to Me Too

cwgrl1515
Contributor
Contributor

I am  astonished that this issue has continued for so many years. PAYPAL get with it and correct this issue. This is beyond ridiculous that you do not allow a person to control their past and present shipping addresses.

Login to Me Too

dpunk3
New Community Member

They removed the "Classic Site" option in the wallet menu, because of course they did.

Login to Me Too

RaoulM
Contributor
Contributor

As I said some time ago, this is almost certainly a violation of EU privacy rules.  I guess someone living in the EU will have to file a complaint - preferably in France or Germany and that may get PayPal product management's attention.  

Clearly PayPal no longer listens to its customers and users, but maybe they will listen to an EU privacy commissioner with a million plus euro fine attached.

Login to Me Too

Wilson4
Contributor
Contributor

I was looking for a solution to delete old Paypal shipping addresses and found this fix:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/summary.view

The site was:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Indiemakeupandmore/comments/2cp3up/how_to_delete_old_shipping_addresses_fro...

It worked for me in Canada.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.