How do I remove (very) old postal addresses?

RichKS
New Community Member

Hi there,

I've had this problem for ages and cannot find a solution anywhere online.  It seems a lot of other people are having the same problem, but with no response or solution presented.

In my paypal account, under "profile" and "add or edit address" I have listed exactly two addresses: My home address where my bank account and credit cards are registered and my work address where I have everything I order online shipped.

However, when I check out using Paypal, I am offered a list of over a dozen addresses dating back several years.  Some of these addresses are duplicates of current my home and work addresses and some are historical, places I haven't lived or worked for 10 years in some cases.

I REALLY need those historical addresses to go away, I cannot afford to have goods shipped to the wrong address.  I have already contacted Paypal support via email on a number of occasions and each time the just link me to a FAQ pagwe whcih says I should go to "profile" and "add or edit address" and remove the addresses... whcih aren't there!

Please help, this has been driving me crazy for years!!!

Rich

Login to Me Too
102 REPLIES 102

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Avicbk,

Thanks for posting in the forum. I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues to edit or remove postal addresses. We will certainly pass on the feedback to make sure that this is investigated further.  In order help you to follow up on this, please call us or email us from the Contact link in your PayPal account. You can also reach out to us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter: @AskPayPal

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

drgonzoishere
Contributor
Contributor

Having to sift through addresses for which some family members who have died, isnt a welcome reminder..

PLEASE GET THIS SORTED!

Login to Me Too

Unicornlady
Contributor
Contributor

I know how you feel, I can't believe this still isn't sorted all these years since I first posted the problem, I get sooo many replies to it, it's incredible. Sorry for your loss of family members as well, just lost my Mum

Jenny

Login to Me Too

avicbk
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Jenny,
You just brought tears to my eyes! I am so sorry for your lost.
We got off topic, but I can't ignore these feelings. Sending you big hugs and wish you nothing but good things.

Have a great life and all the best you want for yourself.

Avi.

P.S... Paypal, please get this issue sort out. Thank you.

(Sorry if I have mistakes. English is not my first language...)

Login to Me Too

Unicornlady
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Avi, your words are comforting

Jenny

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys.

We would advise that you try contacting us directly and we can look into this further on your behalf to help you with getting any old or incorrect addresses removed from your account for you.

You can contact us through the Contact Us link at the bottom of any PayPal webpage and we can help. Alternatively, you can contact us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

Hope this helps.
David.

Login to Me Too

avicbk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David,

I'm copying my answer to Jessica which answered the same as you:

Thank you for your reply,

I want to have control over these shipping addresses and not contact Paypal any time I want to delete or edit them.
Just please get the right people there to wake up and add an interface to manage this already. It has been so many years people are complaining about it, and it will just get worse...

Login to Me Too

hioan21
New Community Member

Dear David,

It has been 4 years now. We are on your case for 4 years on this issue. Change the bloody functionality already and let us be the ones to manage our delivery addresses. What is simpler than this?

For crying out loud.

Login to Me Too

Jimmy1106
New Community Member
It seems that removing old postal addresses is an age old problem on PayPal. I cannot believe this has been going on without resolution since 2011. I only need to remove a couple of addresses where people I know have moved. David, your suggestion is no help at all. If I am reluctant to jump through the hoops of finding the names and addresses I want removed, contacting you, writing the names and addresses out for you to then attempt to remove them, then how much more reluctant are people/businesses with hundreds of old addresses going to be? What is needed from PayPal here is the simple ability for us to add, delete, or edit addresses that we send goods to. Other companies do this, so it can't be technically difficult! Perhaps the reason PayPal has not resolved this issue yet, is simply a mark of the contempt it has for it's customers wishes. Cheers!
Login to Me Too

avicbk
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Jessica for your reply,

I want to have control over these shipping addresses and not contact Paypal any time I want to delete or edit them.
Just please get the right people there to wake up and add an interface to manage this already. It has been so many years people are complaining about it, and it will just get worse...

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.