How do I print an address label?

Lyons82
Contributor
Contributor

This should be very simple but I have searched the internet, PayPal, eBay and the questions/answers on the PayPal Community, but it seems as if you cannot just print a basic address label.

I just want to know how to print a standard label with a customers address on it (as opposed to writing them out each time).

Is this not possible through PayPal or eBay?

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

muffa123
Contributor
Contributor

After several hours, tears and swearing I found out that on Ebay you can print out what you require, but you must subscribe to selling manager, it is free, there is also a selling manager pro which you subscribe to, but for your needs, which are exactly mine, SM is all you need.

After you subscribe there are a few help files that show you how to do it, I worked it out in about five minutes, it would take forever to write it all down, I do T Shirts and they are different weights so the postal labels was not an option for me

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

aj100uk
Contributor
Contributor

if you go to your account overview, where it shows your sales/funds there should be an option next to the sale detail saying print postage lable or words to that effect. Clicking this takes you to what you need to do to print and pay for the postage with paypal.

Login to Me Too

Lyons82
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.  I appreciate your response, but this is the same answer other people have been getting which does not answer the question.

I don't want to pay for any postage - I just want to print out an address label (instead of writing them out individually).

There's also no 'print postage label' or similar on My Account > Overview (on PayPal), although there is a 'print packing slip' when you click on 'details' and scroll down.  This is not want I was looking for though.  eBay has the same sort of thing.

Unfortunately, it looks like it can't be done.

Login to Me Too

paddyssam
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I've spent a few hours trying to work out how you do it but I've not found a way either.  As far as I was aware you can buy sets of invoices that have a removable part built in that you detach from the invoice and stick on as an address label which I thought were compatible with Paypal.

I've posted the question to "Louise", will let you know the answer I get. 

Login to Me Too

paddyssam
Contributor
Contributor

I think I've found the answer.  You need to buy some single integrated labels from a site such as www.priorydirect.co.uk.  These are A4 sheets with a built in label that you can peel off once printed to put on to your outgoing orders.  

You then have to create your own template in Paypal invoicing set up rather than use their standard one, so that you can lay the invoice data out to fit around the label.

I haven't yet worked out how to lay out the invoice, will try and do that over the next couple of days.  Let me know if this helps.  Good luck!

Login to Me Too

paddyssam
Contributor
Contributor

PS

No response from 'Louise'.

Login to Me Too

Lyons82
Contributor
Contributor

Stupid automated **bleep**.

Login to Me Too
Solved

muffa123
Contributor
Contributor

After several hours, tears and swearing I found out that on Ebay you can print out what you require, but you must subscribe to selling manager, it is free, there is also a selling manager pro which you subscribe to, but for your needs, which are exactly mine, SM is all you need.

After you subscribe there are a few help files that show you how to do it, I worked it out in about five minutes, it would take forever to write it all down, I do T Shirts and they are different weights so the postal labels was not an option for me

Login to Me Too

Lyons82
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  I think I'm subscribed to Selling Manager (not Pro), so will have a look.

Thanks to everyone who has commented here.

Login to Me Too

muffa123
Contributor
Contributor
After several hours, tears and swearing I found out that on Ebay you can print out what you require, but you must subscribe to selling manager, it is free, there is also a selling manager pro which you subscribe to, but for your needs, which are exactly mine, SM is all you need. After you subscribe there are a few help files that show you how to do it, I worked it out in about five minutes, it would take forever to write it all down, I do T Shirts and they are different weights so the postal labels was not an option for me ..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.