How can i lift my limit???

CrazyJess
Contributor
Contributor

Hiya, ive recently spent too much money 😞 and gone over my limit, so ive tried to lift it and it wouldn't let me. I needed to go thought the checklist and add a bank account etc until they were all ticked off. Now they're all done and it said that it was completed, I tried to lift the limit yet again and it still wont let me.. grrrrr can anyone advice anything?? How many days should I have to wait?? Thank you xxx

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_barry

Hey CrazyJess, I just left this response on another post with a similar issue to yours. If all the steps have completed and you still have limits, this could be a technical error caused by a card or bank expiring or being removed. in which case please call PayPal directly and ask them to update your account.

“To lift the annual receiving limit you’ll need to review and confirm your full name, date of birth, postal address and home phone number. If you have a business account, you may be asked to verify business information rather than personal information.

To Verify your account information, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click on the ‘View limits’ link in the box which displays your PayPal balance.
3. Select the Receiving Limit by clicking in the box beside it.
4. Click ‘Lift Limits’.
5. Click each link remaining active to remove your receiving limits.”

Login to Me Too

CrazyJess
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks i did give them a ring and they said that my old bank was removed and i had to add a new one, so i did, and im still having the same problem. To be honest this is silly, to do all this just to spend your own money. any auggestions. as everything on the list is completed for sure and it wont let me lift the limits. thanks jessx

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there CrazyJess,

Sounds like you need to confirm your bank account before you can start funding payments with it.

Here’s how to confirm your bank account:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
3. Click 'My money'.
4. In the Bank accounts section click 'Update'.
5. Click ‘Confirm’ next to the bank account you want to confirm.
6. Click the 'Set up Direct Debit' button.
7. The next page will display your bank details. Enter the full address of your bank account, then click ‘Submit'.

Once you've clicked 'Submit', we'll send two random deposits (both between 1p and 99p) to your bank account. These deposits are at our expense and you'll find them on your online bank statement within two to three working days, or on your next paper statement

Here’s how to enter the random deposits and confirm your bank account:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.ukand log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'My money'.
  4. Click ‘Unconfirmed’ next to the bank account you want to confirm.
  5. Enter the exact amounts of the 2 deposits made to your account, then click ‘Submit’.

Completing this process enables you to add funds from your bank account to your PayPal account balance, make Instant Bank Transfer payments and eCheque funded payments.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Laurahudson

My account said I had exceeded my spending limit and had to become verrified. I did that and was told Congratulations you are now verified. However I bought something last night and still cannot pay using paypal. HELP. cos I might need certifying rather than verrifying........

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hi there, take a look at the post left for CrazyJess

Login to Me Too

mollymilo2
New Community Member

ive tried to lift my limit too even thought my account is reg to my mastercard account and has a massive spend limit on it ive also been re verified but havibg probs !! why is everything that shud be simple never is !!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there, even though the card that you have on PayPal may have a large spending limit. We will still need to confirm your details for our system. To become verified, log in to your PayPal account and click the 'Unverified' link on the Account Overview page. Follow the steps provided to complete the verification process. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.