How can I cancel refund to my buyer?

jas-fayre

Hi,

Here is my case:

I sold an item to an American buyer 18, Dec. 19 days later, buyer emailed me to say that he didn't receive the item yet, then I replied him that to wait a little bit longer due to heavy snow in England and holidays, 2 weeks later, he came back to me and said item still not received. After all this, I refunded to him straight away, and the lost item is in process of investigation in post office. Until today, he emailed me that he RECEIVED THE ITEM!

Now, with regards of my paypal record, the refunding is still pending (till 21, Jan) bcoz of lack of funds in my paypal account.  I want to cancel the refund but I don't have a clue how to.

What my question is :

a - How can I cancel the refunding?

b - HOW AND WHAT should I do if the refund is in the buyer's paypal account?

This buyer is a enthuse, I am worried that he would keep the item as well as my money!

Can someone give me advise, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE......!!!!

THANK YOU!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You cannot cancel the refund, once you have sent monies/refunded you can do no more.

Contact your buyer and ask them to pay again once the refund goes through. Generally items to the US can take up to 6 weeks.

Login to Me Too

Paul323
Contributor
Contributor

Great!. After realizing paypal/ebay's selleer protection is a myth, I decided to do the "right thing" and refund my buyer even though the post office says he received the item and he says he didn't.

I believe him because he ordered again...then I realize the money I refunded him still has to have Ebay's commission paid on it. SO I basically PAID for the item I sold and ended up paying TWO commisions for one sale. Thanks Ebay/Paypal!!

Login to Me Too

VincentVG
Contributor
Contributor

Before the Royal Mail/Bad weather debacle, items I sent to the States by air were generaly taking between 5-10 days, depending where in the States it was going. However, an item I sent on the 31st Decemeber has just arrived. Canada is a different story. Due to new legislation, items can take a lot longer.

I hope your buyer is a good guy and willing to pay for his item again, good luck.

Login to Me Too

HnAsMama
New Community Member
Can a seller cancel a refund by stopping the transaction through their bank?
Login to Me Too

HnAsMama
New Community Member
How do i change the credit card I have on file with paypal?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi HnAsMama,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

To answer you first question, it would depend on how the refund was issued. If the seller sent it directly from their bank they would have the option to cancel it with their bank. Once the refund is completed though it would mean that it is through to you.

In relation to your card this is how you can add a new card http://ow.ly/RGzZd .  Once you have a new card on your account you can remove an old one that you are no longer using.

I hope you find this useful. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

holvora
New Community Member

I know this is an older thread, however, you absolutely CAN attempt to cancel a refund. You just need to call Paypal and talk to customer service, Specifically someone in the transactions departement. 

I had a situtation with a sketchy sale on eBay, and because I have a heart, I decided to issue this person a refund. It turned out being too questionable for my liking, and I did call PayPal to get the refund on my end cancelled. You just need to be persistant and friendly. They will help you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.