Help to cancel a unauthorized claim

johnjohnjohn
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

I recently logged into my paypal account and didn't recognised a transaction. I kinda paniced and open an investigation, but after a while i recognised the name of the seller, silly me...

Now I am trying to cancel it, but it keeps saying "That action is not valid. Please try again."

How i can cancel it ?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well to cancel a normal dispute you go to the resolution tab in your paypal account and there is an option to close it there.

However not sure if that applies to unauthorised use. I would give paypal a call via contact us bottom of paypal pages > put in account probs and phone the number given.

When you get through do not say or select any options just hang on till you get an agent. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

johnjohnjohn
Contributor
Contributor

Went to resolution center, clicked the case ID and tried to cancel it by following the options, I always end up in the same error message, sadly.

Phones won't help till Monday I am afraid, as it's weekend now 😞

Any other ideas how I can speed this up ? :<

Login to Me Too

johnjohnjohn
Contributor
Contributor

johnjohnjohn
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi johnjohnjohn,

Welcome to the UK Community Forum! Based on the information that you provided in your post, it sounds like you opened an Unauthorised Transaction claim. This is different to Buyer Dispute claims and you would not be given an option to cancel this claim in the Resolution Centre.

As kersnowlass advised, the best thing to do is to contact our Customer Service team, so that they can notify the investigation team on your behalf to close the claim. I’d recommend using the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of any PayPal page. You can chose to contact either by phone or via email.

I hope this answers your question and please repost to let us know that it’s been resolved Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Maria

Login to Me Too

Ricov
I have the same problem its not.letting me cancel.unauthorises claim i emailed paypal aswell just now as i dont have credit to call please do fast?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ricov

Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Give them a couple of days to get back to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.