Help! Someone has hacked into my PayPal.......

sj1

Yesterday I had an email from Paypal  about how to reset my password. I thought this was odd as I had not logged in. When I got home from work, I checked my account and have found that someone called James Carroll has deposited £800 and then made 14 wire transfers from the account. I also found 'he' had attempted to link in an HSBC bank account. I have reset my security settings and reported all the transactions with their ID numbers except the deposit which PayPal does not appear to recognise. I have also emailed PayPal but not heard anything and made three phone calls today within 'opening hours'  but am continually getting a message saying the office is closed. I realise it is the weekend but when I have had problems before, have had a quick response.

Can someone from PayPal PLEASE respond? I am very ill at the moment and the stress of all this is making me so much worse. I don't know how this has happened as I am always very security conscious. Could someone have hacked into my eBay account? HELP PLEASE..........

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

skatingpie
Contributor
Contributor
When my friend/neighbor came home with me on the bus today, he said that his PayPal had been hacked, at first I thought he was joking, but he explained that when the bill me later bill came, it turns out someone had charged $1000 on his PayPal! It wasn't a client side privacy issue, I can be sure of that, but he changed all his account information and scanned his computer just in case, all we can do is hope that this doesn't happen again. 😞
Login to Me Too

Cherokee55
Contributor
Contributor
Someone has hacked into my PayPal account and trying to remove money could someone please help me
Login to Me Too

Alaiqn19
New Community Member
Same goes for me. About 900 dollars was taken out of my bank today 1-17-17 and I would please like some help of retrieving it back. Please anyone in PayPal help. I want to get this back and I would want to close my PayPal account along with my prison informationso.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.