Help?! How do I get a refund as a Paypal Guest?

danielleb
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recently purchased an item through ebay and I paid as a Paypal Guest (Not through my account) as I wanted to use a different account which was not registered on my Paypal account.

Unfortunately I have not received the item.

I have tried to contact the seller who started off helpful but is now saying as far as he is concerned he posted the item so its not his fault and won't refund me.

I have tried to open a dispute but the transaction does not show up in my Paypal history, I'm guessing thats because I made payment as a guest.

When I get to the part where Paypal asks for your transaction number I can't proceed.

I have tried doing the same thing through Ebay but Ebay says that as I made the Payment via Paypal I have to use Paypals Resolution Centre!

I'm going round in circles!

Please help...

Thanks

Danielle

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

EmRowe
New Community Member

I am doing everything this post asks of me when trying to claim a refund as a guest. What I need clarification on is where/what is my transaction ID? Is it the receipt number in my paypal comfirmation email? Or will I find it somewhere else?

Login to Me Too

myrtle2014
Contributor
Contributor
The seller has agreed a refund on a pair of glasses number 1su65183u15860448 and i need the return address.
Login to Me Too

ryandocs

I'm having the same kind of trouble. I tried ordering a bottle of Cherry Grey Goose off of a drinks website named, http://www.mrdrinksuk.co.uk/ i payed as a paypal guest because i did have an account with paypal at the time, and to be honest I'm curious whether the website was a real site or if it was fake? as soon as the payment went through i had confirmation emails from both mrdrinksuk and paypal, but haven't heard anything back, so i tried to email them and i received an email back from a Blackberry phone which doesn't seem too legit.

So I did some research and the address on the website is 133 Creek Road London, but as I'm researching i keep seeing the same address related to the site as 10 Newmarsh road? I'm confused...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there ryandocs,

To dispute a transaction you made as a guest payment you can click on 'Contact Us' on the bottom of the PayPal page & 'Call Us' , we will take the payment details from you and open a dispute on your behalf. 

Just remember you have 45 days to dispute a payment.

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

rickymtz101

I'm freaking mad! I just got ripped off too and now i have to call you ppl?!?!?!?! wtf! I just had a newborn and I can't afford getting ripped off now! I used paypal as guest because it quicker! I don't feel like logging into your stupid fraud website! How can you say your service is safe yet everyone here is getting ripped off? I want my money now, not in 30 days! I'm gonna call you ppl here soon!

Login to Me Too

JosueMendoza
Contributor
Contributor
Im Having The Same Problem . I Purchased An Item Off eBay As A Guest And The Seller Refuses To Respond . I Dont Have The Transaction ID Or The Email Containing It . What Should I Do ??
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Read the post above yours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ST291
New Community Member

I purchased an item from ebay for the first time, the lady e-mailed me saying that the item will be delayed until it gets in stock. I told her it was a gift for Christmas and I need it before the holiday and she would keep me posted. She later e-mailed me back saying that it would not be in till later and that I would not receive my item before the holiday so she cancelled my order and refunded me my money.  Since this was my first purchase on ebay, I had not had a paypal account set up and I used my credit card to purchase this item.  She told me my money was sent to my paypal account. Where is my  money and How do I retrieve it? Please help me!?!?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you used a c.c. via paypal guest then the refund will automatically go back to your c.c. but takes anything from a week to 30 days to arrive but personally i have never known it take longer than a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.