Help?! How do I get a refund as a Paypal Guest?

danielleb
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recently purchased an item through ebay and I paid as a Paypal Guest (Not through my account) as I wanted to use a different account which was not registered on my Paypal account.

Unfortunately I have not received the item.

I have tried to contact the seller who started off helpful but is now saying as far as he is concerned he posted the item so its not his fault and won't refund me.

I have tried to open a dispute but the transaction does not show up in my Paypal history, I'm guessing thats because I made payment as a guest.

When I get to the part where Paypal asks for your transaction number I can't proceed.

I have tried doing the same thing through Ebay but Ebay says that as I made the Payment via Paypal I have to use Paypals Resolution Centre!

I'm going round in circles!

Please help...

Thanks

Danielle

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

bdpotter03
Contributor
Contributor

I have recentyl made a purchase of an iphone 5c and have discovered some worrysome things about the website i haver purchased it from the email sent after the transaction is from paypal and i wanted to see about looking into the seller if possible on whether i will recieve this item and if not getting an refund, i also signed in a a paypal guest

Login to Me Too

LeeFerguson
New Community Member

Hi

Unfortunatley i deleted the email from Paypal that included the transaction details and number. Any suggestions? I logged in as a guest and the item i paid for was first class and i think that the seller didnt get enough money he was wanting from it so i think he has been trying to sell it again. We stay like 6 or 7 miles away from each other so i dont see why it has taken over 2 weeks to arrive here. Thanks

Login to Me Too

GeneralPatton

Even when you send an email Firstly you need to be quick as the website times out and you have to re-write the details only to receive auto response telling you to submit a dispute again and if we still didnt answer your question call us, So no. its not just a case of sending an email. At the end you still cant add the dispute bottom line is you have to ring them. More costs

@PayPal_AdrianO wrote:

Hey LucyMarie06,

The reason you are getting an error stating your transaction ID is invalid is because the payment was made on an unregistered account so will not appear on your actual PayPal. If you don’t feel like calling us to manually file a dispute, then you can email us for free so we can start resolving your issue.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

At the end you still cant add the dispute bottom line is you have to ring them. More costs

The paypal number is FREE from most landlines >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

katslondon
Contributor
Contributor

Similar thing happened to me.  I have a pay pal account.  I have never requested to make a payment as a guest user.  I purchased a deal through Wahanda, but the company went bankrupt before they could deliver the service.  Wahanda told me they were not responsiblbe because I had paid the seller 'directly'??  I went through the Wahanda site as usual, not to the seller, I then used my PayPal account, so with no luck on a refund with Wahanda, I expected a refund from PayPal.

They told me they had no record of my payment, yet clearly on my bank statement was the payment made out to PayPal and not to the seller directly.  Eventually after many weeks, numerous emails and phone calls, I was informed they couldn't help me, because I'd used the guest account???  How?  I went through the normal procedure, I didn't request guest payment.  Apprently the 'seller' set this up.  How can that be?  How can a seller determine the method that I am going to pay and why was I not notified during the payment process that this transaction was not taking place as usual through my account?  I still have no answers so have closed my PayPal account and changed my credit card out of fear that the company involved may try to take money from my credit card.  The company was a massive scam, thousands of people subscribed to their offer and the company was paid by all of them, yet few received the service and none of the customers I spoke with got a refund from Wahanda or PayPal.  I feel we were stonewalled by Wahanda and PayPal as they would have had to refund a massive amount of money.  I will be using internet payments only rarely from now on and using my credit card, at least that way I can get a refund from the bank if it goes bad.

Login to Me Too

case132
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happen but in the payment email i recieved i dont see a transaction id theres a box with paypal and and X in it

Login to Me Too

Tafung
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem. 
I keep all my emails and both emails do not show a transaction ID.
Only the receipt ID.

What do I do/.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Read the post below yours from the moderator!! 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Trueseller0121
Contributor
Contributor
You said that it will be in the confirmation email how do I receive an email if I did not use my account to pay??
Login to Me Too

Jball97

What address should I email

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.