HOW CAN WE TAKE PAYPAL TO THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN ?

borris12
Contributor
Contributor

how can customers of paypal take a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman ?

as the Customer Service at Paypal is proving totally useless and not helpful,

THEY JUST TELL US DIFFERENT STORIES AS TO WHAT WENT WRONG AND OFFER NO CERTAIN DATE AS TO WHEN IT WILL BE RESOLVED,

they have my money and i want the Ombudsman to find out where it has gone and what paypal have done to recompense cusomers hurt by this major issue at paypal,

i am going to telephone the Ombudsman on Monday morning to get the ball rolling as what paypal are getting away with is dreadful !

and costing people hundreds of pounds until they actually care and give people their money back with interest,

can any one give me advise please ?

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

borris12
Contributor
Contributor

i have managed to speak to the PA of the CEO of Paypal UK

they are not aware of this current issue

but they have promised me a full investigation and a response  ASAP

they have also offered a full refund and a small amout of compensation for my troubles

my account should be resolved today all being well

Login to Me Too

Evertaff
Contributor
Contributor

Can I ask how you got to speak to someone in such a high positiion in Paypal?

I need to speak to someone whith serious clout about the way I am being treated.

Login to Me Too

samruwell
New Community Member

Has anyone had any joy with the ombudsman or was it a waste of time ?

Login to Me Too

eriko
Contributor
Contributor

paypal may be registered in Luxemborg, & ebay in Ireland, but as the transactions take place on ebay.co.uk & paypal.co.uk, both companies are subject to full english law, for a complaint one has to write to both, yes they will do nothing but thats the starting point for your complaint to the appropriate financial authority.

Login to Me Too

Idunstan
Contributor
Contributor

Hello 

please could you give me advise on the procedure to report PayPal to Financial ombudsman as they have put my account in a limited state in which is a horrific experience. I have provided all the relevant information requested like my driving licence proof of postage and confirmation of my bank account and other proofs I then received a 2nd email wanting proof that I owned the items sold on eBay in which is impossible as I was left the items in a legacy the buyers have received the goods and are very happy with there purchase so I can not understand why PayPal want to hold on to my money in the account for 180 days before I can withdrawal the funds. Surely this is illegal the staff at PayPal in the limited accounts department are rude and make you feel like a criminal and very unhelpful. Obviously I want to get my funds as soon as possible so would appreciate any advise you can give me regarding my situation thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too

Nanna1
Contributor
Contributor
Yes your right there they have to follow the rules like everyone else in the uk they seem to think that nobody can touch em A-HOLES
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
@Idunstan

Click on ''legal'' bottom of this page > user agreement > disputes with paypal.

All the info is in there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Schnauzermom1
Contributor
Contributor

What choice do we have but to use this service?  Since I was taken by a fraudulent vender and pay pal sends me nothing but automated messages.  I use pay pal but use my charge card, than I can get fare treatment from the credit card company. Nothing like ordering from USA and getting a cheap smelly piece of crap from China, with no packing info.  Than I am told to return it to China the postage is 34.00 to ship back a 34.98 item. pay Pal say they will reimburse up to thirty dollars but I sm sure not trusting them again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.