HELP!! i think i've recieved a fake email

ag12345
New Community Member

i someone wanted to buy something off me and asked for my paypal email address, they said they would pay the money - an email came from paypal saying that the money is out of their account but i have to post it before i can be funded, is it real - i need to know as i have posted it!!!

the email looked like this:

This PayPal payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference number/barcode number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller.

Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send  barcode number to us or email us through this mail pay-palaccountnotifies and our customer-cares service will attend to you.

As soon as you send the barcode number that will be given to you from the post-office after shipping the item out to the given address to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited into your account.

**PLEASE NOTE**
Once the shipment is confirmed, your funds will become operational in your account  and you will receive a "CONFIRMATION" email from PayPal company, informing you that the Money has been credited.

Thank you for using PayPal.
The PayPal Team.

PayPal Email ID PP1543.

please help, should i contact the police?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

eddied1690
Contributor
Contributor

redirect the email to spoof @ ebay .co.uk

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there ag12345,

From looking over the details of the email you received I can confirm it wasn't sent to you by PayPal. That's no how we work. If the payment was genuine it would be viewable in your PayPal balance.

My advice would be to contact the Police and the Post Office to see if they can help.

The email address given above is for eBay so if you could send it to spoof@paypal.com it will go to our Fraud Department.

I hope this information helps you

Wayne

Login to Me Too

McGuireisGod
New Community Member
Please tell me you got the credits
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.