Getting into an old account

Jason3
Contributor
Contributor

I have quite an urgent problem. When i moved i updated ebay info and decided to start selling some items after a long break. I also opened a new Paypal account as my previous account could have been accessed by my ex wife. What i didn't notice was that when i listed an item on Ebay, in the paypal details was my old account email address!!. 

The money has gone into the old paypal account. The problem i have is that i no longer know the password to the old account. I can't retrieve it via the email address linked as that no longer exists. I also can't verify by phone as it has all my old phone numbers. I'm really stuck as the bloke is demanding i send it as he has paid for the item, which he has, but i just can't get the money. He has started a dispute but i can't even refund it as you need to get into the account to refund. I'm really stuck as to what to do now,

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

BrianN89

I am having the exact same issue, the only option available to me is to verify via SMS or Voicemail to an old mobile/cell number i haven't used in 2.5 years.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.