Fake payments to Facebook Ireland Ltd

Pranay
New Community Member

Hi,

My account has been debited $5,$20,$50,($75 total) by this company called Facebook Ireland Ltd. I did not authorise these payments and i have initiated an unauthorised payment refund claim.

Apparently I am not the first victim ("https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Subscriptions/Facebook-Ireland-Ltd-Fake-paymente/td-p/486884?pro...") I do not understand how Paypal still allows the company to recieve payments through it.

Kindly look into the matter.

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49

zealot
New Community Member

I have just noticed a fake payment to Facebook Ireland !       How can PayPal still accept these charges after so many people have complained over such a long time !      Considering cancelling my PayPal account as I have all the hassle of getting my money back ......

Login to Me Too

Puccio27882
New Community Member

Same problem!! 290 USD stolen! I hope PayPal will refund me!

Login to Me Too

senatoruppercut
Contributor
Contributor

exact same problem here. over $600 pending transfer. not cool. once i get my money back this account is getting nuked to hell.

Login to Me Too

kelchensx

Same here, this is **bleep** up, i didn't even log in to my facebook this year. From Singapore. Just remove my credit card link and change my password, any mod/victims here can tell me if i can get my money (USD58) back?

Login to Me Too

lshansen

Same thing happend to me today while i was SLEEPING got a msg from my bank that a payment on 250usd was made sigh.....

Login to Me Too

serlax
Contributor
Contributor

From Spain 2 payments of 80€. Same problem. What have I done? Phone paypal, go to the bank to cancel my credit card, go to the police to inform.

Login to Me Too

Igotrobbed

after reading all this post from hard working people being taken for there money and Paypal has done nothing to stop it makes me angry. well I guess Im the next victim. I just got hit yesterday for two transactions 8 hrs apart for a total of $519.60 and now its taken up my morning trying to get my money back. I just wonder when Paypal is going to do anything about it since its being an on going problem

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi all,

Thank you all for making us aware of these payments, and I'm very sorry to hear about any concern which this may have caused. We take these kinds of reports very seriously, and we offer 100% protection for any unauthorised transaction made using PayPal.

Please report these transactions to us as soon as possible in order to allow us to take the necessary action. Although we continuously scan accounts to monitor any possible unauthorised activity, it's not possible for our system to pick up on everything. For this reason, we ask that you report any instances of this type of activity to us as soon as you notice it.

Here's how to report it to us:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Resolution Centre' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'Dispute a Transaction'.
  4. Select 'Unauthorised transaction: I did not authorise a recent transaction.' and click 'Continue.'
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Here's how to report it if you can't log in to your PayPal account:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk.
  2. Click 'Security' near the bottom of the page.
  3. At the bottom of the page, select 'Report someone has accessed your account'.
  4. Click 'Continue' under 'Unable to log in?'
  5. Read the information and click 'Continue' at the bottom of the page.
  6. Complete the report and click 'Preview'.
  7. Check the box to accept the claim is accurate and click 'Submit'.

We may also ask you to enter some account information to confirm that you own the account. If so, enter the information and click 'Continue'.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

dafs
New Community Member

Hi,

Just to let you know...it is still happening.  I've caught it early and registered the dispute.  I hope this does not continue.

Login to Me Too

nekrosavant
New Community Member

Today I just got out of the $ 20 in one transaction I NOT authorized , the " company " facebook ireland ltd ... I was looking in the forum, and apparently a lot of people have stolen money this way , I'm really indicnado , since you work hard for that money, and it 's supposed to be safe for us . and anyone can take them so no more .
I am only have taken $ 20, but I've seen comments that have stolen 300 , 400-500 dollars , is really unfortunate and I for one do not want this to happen to me today are only $ 20 but tomorrow who knows, hopefully this can be solved to not have to close my account and debit Blast unlink my account paypal . For several years I have user and have never had any problems until today , and the few times I have contacted the support center , I have served excellently, I expect this to continue like this and can fix this asap because they are stealing their money to many people these facebook ireland ltd.

I expect a prompt and satisfactory response

hoy me acaban de sacar de la cuenta $20 en un transaccion que yo NO autorice, de la "compañia" facebook ireland ltd... estuve viendo en el foro, y por lo visto a mucha gente le han robado dinero de esta forma, realmente estoy indicnado, ya que se trabaja mucho por ese dinero, y se supone que deberia estar seguro para nosotros. y cualquiera puede tomarlos asi sin mas.

a mi solo me han tomado $20, pero he visto comentarios en que les han robado 300, 400 hasta 500 dolares, es realmente lamentable y por mi parte no deseo que esto me suceda, hoy son solo $20 pero mañana quien sabe, espero que esto se pueda solucionar para no tener que cerrar mi cuenta y desvincular mi targeta de debito de la cuenta de paypal. hace varios años que soy usuario y nunca he tenido ningun problema hasta hoy, y las pocas veces que me he comunicado con el centro de ayuda, me han atendido de forma excelente, espero que esto siga asi y puedan solucionar esto cuanto antes porque les estan robando su dinero a mucha gente estos de facebook ireland ltd.

espero una pronta y satisfactoria respuesta

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.