Facebook Ads and PayPal payment method

bidimal
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have a problem trying to configure PayPal as a method of payment in Facebook Ads. I have no PayPal account associated with the Facebook Ads account, but it keeps saying:

"We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow."

when I try to add our PayPal business account. Please note that the PayPal account is Verified.

It is a very urgent matter since the company cannot launch its ad campaigns without this have been fixed.

Kind regards and thank in advance for any reply,

Lisa

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

bidimal
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

for those who will encounter the same problem. Just wait some hours and then retry it will go. I think PayPal needed some time to cancel the previous contract we had with another PayPal funding account.

Thank you all and have a nice day,

Lisa

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

bidimal
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

for those who will encounter the same problem. Just wait some hours and then retry it will go. I think PayPal needed some time to cancel the previous contract we had with another PayPal funding account.

Thank you all and have a nice day,

Lisa

Login to Me Too

markedasred
Contributor
Contributor

I want to know how to do the opposite, I want to block facebook from ever recieving money from me from my paypal account. the cancellations never seem to work, and that is another £8 gone to them this month, they have had hundreds from me by now and are an irrelevance in marketing terms.. I have never wanted to spend even a penny on facebook stuff, my wife did it against my will, that is all. Can I block facebook?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi markedasred,

Welcome to the Community Forum! It sounds like you've set up a Billing Agreement or Automatic Payment with Facebook, which is why funds have been taken from your account again. You can easily cancel this from your account 🙂

Here's how to cancel a Billing Agreement:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. On the left side of the page, select 'My money'.
  4. Click 'Update' beside 'My pre-approved payments'.
  5. Select the 'Merchant Name' for the Billing Agreement you want to cancel.
  6. Click 'Cancel'.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

SimonSimonSimon
New Community Member

Helou 

This text appears on my FB account: 

We were unable to charge your ad account using PayPal account. Please add a new payment method or visit PayPal to fix this issue and try charging it again. 

I have suficient founds on my account. What should I do to fix it before FB cancel my ad account for not paying their invoice?! 

Thanks 

Simon 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi SimonSimonSimon,

Have you changed cards or bank accounts recently as you may have the agreement set up with Facebook for a certain card or bank. If you have changed this it may be why it is not going through.

I would recommend to review your agreement to see if you may need to update any details.Here’s how to change your backup payment method for a billing agreement:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the Settings icon beside "Log Out."
  3. Click Preapproved payments under "Payment settings."
  4. Select the merchant name for the billing agreement you want to change.
  5. Click Change under "Funding Source."
  6. Select your backup payment method, then click Save.

I do hope this helps.

Paula

Login to Me Too

npthu87
New Community Member

Hi Paula, I have used your instructions but under "Funding Source." I cannot see/select any payment method so until now FB cannot charge my Facebook Ads using my Paypal Balance. I used diffenrent email address for my facebook account (not the one I use for Paypal) and my Paypal is not Verified with Credit Card, is that the reason?But my Paypal Balance has enough money to make the payment.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hi npthu87,

My advice would be to verify your PayPal account as this has worked in the past for other accounts in your situation.

If you need help doing that I have included a step by step guide for you

To verify your account:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click the "Get Verified" link on the Account Overview page.
  3. Click 'Save and Continue' on the 'Link and confirm your debit and credit card' page.

We will charge your card and this charge will show on your card statement within 2-3 working days.

Your card statement is a document provided by your bank which shows a summary of your card payments for a set period of time. Some banks send this monthly by post while others provide an online version. If you do not have online access to your statement, you must wait for your bank to send it by post.

There will be a 4-digit PayPal code shown on your card statement next to this charge. In the item description section, this code is printed next to the word ‘PAYPAL’ or ‘PP’.

Your code will look like this on your statement:
PayPal*1234 CODE or PP*1234 CODE

When you know your PayPal code, you can confirm your card:

1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Confirm my debit or credit card' in the 'To Do' list box.
  3. Enter your PayPal code.
  4. Click 'Submit'

Hope this helps!

Wayne

Login to Me Too

What is they company law where is my money where
Login to Me Too

Svetionicar
Contributor
Contributor

since this morning i have same problem, Facebook notify me about "we cant collect money for you ad from PayPal find another way...".

I have enoug money on PP, and havent any problem to pay on Ebay, and i dont know what to do 😞

I check,

"If you have a PayPal balance, we'll use it first." is green and  FB is on my Preapproved payments list, but when i click on Set Available Funding Sources, i found just data about my debit card. (and above is "PayPal will always use the PayPal balance in your account first." so i think this is OK?)

Can anyone help me with this issue? I try to conntact FB several times on several "Help" parts of site, but nobody answer and time for my campaign passing by 😞

Best regards and than you in advance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.