Error when attempting to change primary email address

fuchsia

Hey there! I'm trying to change my primary email. I added the address under the 'Email +" section in my settings. I confirmed the email and clicked edit. Then checked "make this my primary email for receiving notifications" and clicked "change email", then received this error: 'This email already exists on your account.' Is it possible that because the "new email" is an alias to my old, that it will not let me make this change? The email I'm currently using is my personal address, and it shows up when I click the link to my donation page but I don't want people to see it. When I made the donation button I selected the option to use my "verified ID" or whatever, rather than my primary email but it stills shows up. If I could change my primary email to my business alias email address then that would solve everything.. it's just not letting me. Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

fuchsia

NEVERMIND. Just figured this out - I went to the "Notifications" page and clicked the Email > then selected my new address from the list. Wow, so easy.. just wish it said to do that on the other page lol.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

fuchsia

NEVERMIND. Just figured this out - I went to the "Notifications" page and clicked the Email > then selected my new address from the list. Wow, so easy.. just wish it said to do that on the other page lol.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.