Error code 3148 Receiver's address is in a non-receivable country or a PayPal zero country

amrosama2020
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I'm not able to recieve payments to my Paypal account, I ensured the following:

• Paypal username is valid on the sender side
  • Paypal account verified

The payment is sent from a website and I got the error message from their side saying that paypal refuses the payment and says the following:

3148  Receiver's address is in a non-receivable country or a PayPal zero country

I have checked the page https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80...

and Egypt is in the list with normal functionalities.

Please advise, I'm trying to reach the support for the time being through  contact us.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_Anna

Hi amrosama2020,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

In order to receive payment you first need to set your PayPal account to receive and withdraw funds. You will need to click on ‘set up your account’ link on the Account Overview page and add either an US bank account or Original Credit enabled VISA card.

In case of any issues please click the link and follow the instructions: https://www.paypal.com/eg/cgi-bin/?cmd=_enable_receive_funds&button_clicked=card&fli=true

Hope it helps 🙂

Anna

Login to Me Too

Mohamed_Fakhry
New Community Member

I have a verified account with a prepaid visa card already added to it but it still when someone sends me money he receives the Error code 3148! Any help?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi,

Welcome to the PayPal Community. I see you have not had any help from our members to date. Maybe I can help.

This sounds like something you may need to contact customer service regarding. You can locate the number at the bottom of your account or you can use Twitter or Facebook for help also.

-David R

Login to Me Too

jwillyburns
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal_DavidR,

I am trying to send money to a user in Egypt whose account is also verified and those payments, too, are being denied with code 3148. Any guidance you can give me to pass along?

Thanks,

Joel 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Joel,

Welcome to the forum 🙂

Apart from verifying their account, customers in some countries need to select a Visa card or U.S. bank account for their withdrawals, in order to be able to accept payments. The best option may be to advise the recipient to contact us so that we can help them to follow up if needed. They can reach out to us via Facebook or Twitter: @AskPayPal or from the Contact option in their PayPal account. 

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

jwillyburns
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the guidance, Jessica. Much appreciated. 

Joel 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

You are welcome, Joel! 

If you have other questions in the future, you can contact us here or through Twitter/Facebook. 

Have a nice evening 🙂

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Scarface
Contributor
Contributor

Hello i have similar problem i live in Bosnia and herzegovina and i m supposed to recive payment from website but its giving them error 3148  Receiver's address is in a non-receivable country or a PayPal zero country
i have connected master card to my paypal and i use paypal for buying things just fine

Login to Me Too

Aire98
Contributor
Contributor

same here.... i really need this fixed as soon as possible

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.