Error When Making a Payment

ericb0215
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting an error screen whenever I try to make a payment on buyee. I won an auction about a week ago and have since been trying to make the payment. Paypal keeps giving me constant errors and buyee told me to contact paypal and I've yet to receive a response from paypal. I literally just want to make this payment. I've never ran into this problem before. I'm assuming paypal is declining my payment/billing or something is blocking the payment from being made. I'm using a pre paid credit card and have more than enough money to make the payment. For those that don't know buyee is a Japanese auction proxy service. Like I said I've never ran into this problem before and have always used pre paid credit cards and have bought from Japanese auction houses using proxy services before so this problem is baffling to me. I'm really getting desperate over here so any help would gladly be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Conor

Hi ericb0215,

Welcome to our Community 🙂

I wonder if this might be what's happening here: http://ow.ly/RwXjT Our internal security model can stop payments from time to time, you see.

Why don't you try following the tips in this article to see if they help at all?

Conor

Login to Me Too

ericb0215
Contributor
Contributor
"Article is currently unavailable". I think the article's been removed.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hey ericb0215!

Sorry to hear that the article was not available. As previously mentioned by @PayPal_Conor this could  related with our internal security system blocking the payment. This is a standard procedure for all payments going through PayPal to help keep your money safe and it’s similar to the way banks and credit card companies’ work when approving payments.

I would advise you to clean cache and cookies and login to your PayPal account from a safe PC (i.e. your home PC) as this might help. On addition to this, please find below a list of things you can do to help improve the chances of successful payments:

• Get verified
  • Confirm your card
  • Send the payment using money in your PayPal balance, rather than using a bank or card
  • Switch the payment method. If you tried making the payment with your bank, try again with your card, or vice versa

Hope this works, 

Carlos

Login to Me Too

Gohan1
Contributor
Contributor

I won two auctions. I try to pay via PayPal. I get this error message:

Your payment through PayPal has failed.
The payment method currently registered with your PayPal account is not valid. In order to process your payment, please switch the method on PayPal to another one or contact PayPal for solving the problems.

I recently added M&T Bank as my preferred payment method on PayPal. But, Buyee doesn't seem to recognize it. It appears that the only option I have is my Congressional Federal Credit Union debit card, which doesn't have enough money.

I tried using my dad's credit card, which he gave me permission to use. When I try to pay with that, I get an error message as well. I gave an inquiry to Buyee, but they take about a day to respond. I'm really impatient and this is really frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.