Email scam asking to verify account

VillageGardener
Contributor
Contributor

I've reently had a wave of email scams from PayPay asking me to click on a link to verify my account as there has been some 'unusual activity so my account is now restricted'.

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!  DO NOT OPEN PAYPAL THROUGH THE EMAIL!

Open your PayPal in a new browser window and sign in as normal to check if the email is true.  

In this case it wasn't.

For example they addressed me as 'dear client' - all in lower case.  Red flag to a bull as PayPal always uses your proper name.

I've now had about 8 of these mails through my two different log in names on my account.  Hope this helps others to be more aware....

VG

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Lea33
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks VillageGradener,

I have changed my password and security questions now, I am sooo stupid that I did.nt see it was a scam, I dont know what else I can do???

Thanks,

Login to Me Too

PuddyPaws
New Community Member

I received this email at 01:15 this morning.  The email had a lot of people on the CC line but no email address on the TO line.

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

You're a CC on this email conversation.

Service Pay-Pal, Oct 2, 01:14

Hello, your PayPal account was opened from another device

IP address of the device : 105.154.13.0

PayPal suggest you renew your information, click on this link you will be redirected to the PayPal website

Renew My Info

Thank you,

PayPal security team

Paypal.com 2015 All Rights Reserved

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.