EBAY BUYER OPENED DISPUTE ON PAYPAL AFTER 45 DAYS! PLEASE HELP?

hassy786
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I sold an item for £110 on eBay on the 4th of August 2014. A few days after I dispatched the item, eBay contacted me to say "Issue a refund to the buyer as someone has been purchasing items of their account with their permission". I then replied to eBay and said "I have already received payment and dispatched item" and eBay told me not to worry. Today 49 days later (maybe 48, excuse my calculations) on the 21st of September, I see my account on PayPal is -£106!!! I then see that this buyer has opened a "Item not as described" dispute on PayPal but left me no details whatsoever. Before we get further in to this, I can 10000% assure that the item was as described and there was nothing at all wrong with it. There is no case whatsoever open on eBay and when I try to click on the item on "Sold items" on eBay, it says "the item is either not available anymore, or has been removed". So basically it is just a case on PayPal. I am left confused as I do not know what to do now? I have read that eBay has a 45 day buyer protection policy and a buyer cannot get a refund after 45 days of purchase. The item was as described and I would not lie on eBay as I know what it feels like to not receive what you ordered. What has made me even more angry is that it has taken this person 49 days to file a item not as described case? I really do not know what to do now, should I reply to the buyer? I have tried contacting PayPal but their claims department is closed right now and I just want some peace of mind right now to be honest. I appreciate all the help you guys can offer me.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@morop

You are not allowed to sell on a personal account and doing so negated your seller protection.

A personal account is for buying or sending money to family / friends so you don't need seller protection for that type of account.

If you are selling you need a business account even if you are a small time seller.

If you are not a registered business then you just fill in the info as an "individual seller".

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sergisorok
Contributor
Contributor

Ok dear kernowlass!

What type seller protection use business seller in claim or case from buyer?

Login to Me Too

sergisorok
Contributor
Contributor

You right.

Not any seller protection.

Any swindler make case and clame without any proff or document only lie.

But where seller protection?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.