Double payment for same item

smashedbooboo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have just checked my bank account and there are 2 payments for the same item,

Both for 32.00gbp  but only one showing on paypal statement.  So the same payment has gone through twice.

This has put me overdrawn. Do I contact my bank or is this a paypal issue to get a refund on one of the 

payments.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
58 REPLIES 58

Colonalhall
Contributor
Contributor

Has this happened to anyone else?  I paid for an item on ebay 3 days ago (as I have done many times) and I have just checked my bank account to see that the direct debit for the amount I paid has gone out twice.  Initially I thought Id paid twice in error myself but on checking my Paypal account there is only one payment for the item and status is completed.  Is it a weekend gremlin and I'll get it back or has Paypal done an error?

I would appreciate any advice.

Smiley Surprised

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You need to contact your bank and implement a direct debity indemnity, ask them for the form, complete and return the missing payment will be back in your account within four days. I assume you made the payment on the 19th?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there

I have moved your post here as it explains the duplicate payment showing on your bank account statement.

You do not need to contact your bank as it is a known issue and PayPal are working with the banks to have the second payment returned to your bank account within 3-5 working days.

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

altctrl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Update to this problem,after phoning PP again i spoke to a gentleman who told me PP are now aware of the problems and it is there fault.

He gave me a FAX number to send any statements showing charges incurred due to there error.

Happier with that outcome rather than the rude lady i spoke to originally saying its not there fault and go fly basically,i think PP could do with listening to some of there call teams sometimes.....whole experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth unfortunately.....but hey !!

Login to Me Too

altctrl
Contributor
Contributor

p.s  the monies will also be back into my account in the normal 3-5 days....i think if anyone spent a lot on the 19th then they could be in some serious trouble...

Login to Me Too

marksmanross
Contributor
Contributor

Its happened to me also but only had one email receipt for the amount but took money twice what the best way to get the money back, i tried the contact number but after 5 minutes i gave up with the automated options thanks 

Login to Me Too

altctrl
Contributor
Contributor

hi,i found choosing the "sending money" option best...the auto reply then spouts the usual rubbish but just enter wrong reply or jabber rubbish and they transfer you to a live operator...hope this helps

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Does the second transaction show on your PayPal account? There was a PP glitch on the 19th October and a lot of people have found the same problem occuring.

If it does show in PP place a call to PayPal to see if they can reverse the payment.

If  no joy and it is not in your PP account as a transaction you have to see your bank and claw back the money under the direct debit indemnity scheme will take 24 hours to be credited back to you.

Login to Me Too

marksmanross
Contributor
Contributor

not in paypal that only shows one but online bank statement shows two, do you think the bank will issue the refund then

Login to Me Too

altctrl
Contributor
Contributor

just to be clear.....Bank account showing two payments but PP showing one..there was a glitch with PP on 19th and they have said to me any monies will be returned within the normal 3-5 days no questions to my bank account...so as its only just become apparent to them (Friday) monies will be back into your account next week on the 3-5 day rule...

They have also said any charges incurred by going O.D. with my bank account will be payed to me also on reciept of statements showing such....hope this helps

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.