Do you HAVE to link your debit/ credit card/ bank details to your account.

FireStarRacing
New Community Member

Hi

I was wondering if anybody knows if you HAVE to link your debit/ credit card/ bank details to your paypal account. If I didn't link them, would i still be able to recieve money from ebay transactions and would I be able to use the money in my account to buy other things with it providing I have enough. I am not too bothered about money going into my account as i won't be making much. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

HelpPlease3
New Community Member

I just got a paypal account and there are suffiecient funds in it, can i but bgames on steam without the need for a credit/debit card.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

HI HelpPlease3,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

It sounds like you might be experiencing issues with our security system, as you may be asked to add a bank or card if you are trying to make a balance payment with an unverified account.

The quickest way to verify your account is by adding and confirming a bank. You can add a bank by clicking on the 'Wallet' section of your account and then choosing the 'Add bank' option. After you have done this, you will need to confirm your bank. Here's how to do this:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Select My money.
  4. Beside 'Bank accounts' click Update.
  5. Select the desired bank account and click Confirm.
  6. Click Continue, and review and submit the Direct Debit details. (If the bank account is a business account or more than one person is required to authorise debits, you must print and sign a paper Bank Funding Instruction and post it to the address provided.)

I hope this helps!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

KentheEagle
Contributor
Contributor

It;s been past 7-10 business days for my PayPal MasterCard to arrive. I'm wondering where it is and also i CANNOT add a bank account.

I'm still waiting for the Card to arrive since November 3rd.

Login to Me Too

Redhatskelton
New Community Member
I understand that you want bank info verification on the account, but if the money is in the account then you shouldn’t need any more info. Either you accept it or decline it due to funds. Let’s be real about this if I have a visa debit card I don’t really need to pay with pay pal then. Which I changed accounts and have been getting declined for purchases as well with PayPal. I am not gonna link my debit or bank account to it as I like my security. The whole reason for me having the account was so I could buy things not on my bank account and receive money. Seems to me I will be closing this account as there is no real reason for me to have a middle man who leaves the door open if they get hacked. So what’s the real reason for the linkage? What does PayPal receive to make sure that a debit or bank account is linked?
Login to Me Too

Taiphoz
New Community Member

I have found that some websites and sellers require that your paypal account has a bank linked which is a pain in my **bleep** and prevents me form buying things even tho I have the money for them in my paypal account.

Login to Me Too

Baelfire
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I see people having problems to buy through PayPal, but my question is, can I use the account to store money from sells without linking to a bank account? I don't want to buy just store money and if yes, how much I can store before need to link a bank account? 

I'm asking because I'm new to all this thing of shopping on the internet, so if everything goes well I will create a bank account specifically linked to PayPal and then will sell and also buy, just want to be sure it works. 

Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

APA_TwitchTV
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. I am a Twitch streamer, and PayPal is the only way to get my Donations for Charity and my personal donations. I don't have a credit card either, and this is an issue, because i have about 999k saved in charity donations. This is pretty bad

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.