Direct Debit taken from bank account but no information on Paypal ?

xKirstyx
Contributor
Contributor

I've just logged into my internet banking to find that £9.80 has been debited out of my bank account to PAYPAL UK on the 22nd of March. Then there's another on the 23rd of March for £9.72... I have funds already in there so don't know why the money has been withdrawn. I've looked through ALL of my transactions and nothing is coming up. I am getting verry worried as you can imagine. I've noticed many people have had the same problem. What do I do?!

I'd really appreciate your help guys!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi xKirstyx,

As my response requires specific information I will contact you offline as we can not post specific responses on the forum.

In general terms, when you are seeing a payment on your bank statement I would suggest that you go back a few days on your PayPal account as payment made using a bank account will appear 2-3 days before on your PayPal account. This will then give you a better idea of what the payment is for.

I hope this helps

Paula

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi xKirstyx,

As my response requires specific information I will contact you offline as we can not post specific responses on the forum.

In general terms, when you are seeing a payment on your bank statement I would suggest that you go back a few days on your PayPal account as payment made using a bank account will appear 2-3 days before on your PayPal account. This will then give you a better idea of what the payment is for.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

ejohnson
New Community Member

hi i've had similar problem of money taken from my account £5.55 and i have no idea what for, any help appricated thank you

Login to Me Too

littlemillie
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar problem. I had £17.00 in my paypal account and selected to pay with this amount, however paypal took the money from my bank account instead and have taken me over my overdraft! I was wanting to know what could be done about this - i definetely selected the money to come out of my paypal funds and not my bank account. This is the second problem i have had with paypal in the las month! I have tried clicking on the contact us button on your website and it keeps crashing!!

Can someone respond??

Login to Me Too

DephNetTech
Contributor
Contributor

Littlemillie,

If they took the money out of your account via the DD, go to your bank and ask for a refund under the DD Guarantee.

If they took the money out of your account via a card, you will need to make an Unauthorised Transaction claim with your bank

--Paul

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi littlemillie,

When you use PayPal to send money, we always attempt to take the funds from your PayPal account balance first. If you have no PayPal balance, or not enough to cover the whole transaction, the remainder will be taken from your bank account. If you don’t have a bank account confirmed with PayPal, your debit or credit card will be charged instead.

The payment method hierarchy is as follows:

PayPal Balance.
Instant Bank Transfer.
Credit or Debit Card.
 eCheque.

The default payment method cannot be changed on your account but can be changed per transaction. To change the payment method for a transaction, click the 'Change' or 'More Funding Options' link on the final page during the Send Money process and select a different payment method.

Note: Once the payment is sent, you cannot change your payment method.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

cornflowerblues
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_paula

Hi cornflowerblues,

When you are looking at your PayPal account, review a couple of days before the date that it shows on your bank statement. Also it may have been a part payment for an item. For example, if you had a balance in your account we would use your balance and take the rest for your bank account. This may cause confusion as you will see a smaller amount on your bank statement.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

cornflowerblues
Contributor
Contributor

oskarslelis
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kristy! I got direct debt of 15.99£ for PAYPAL on my bank statement. However there are no transactions on that amount anywhere found in my paypal account. How can I get refund?! And where did that money go to?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.