Currency conversions

gregorynelson
New Community Member

I set up a website using Website Payments Standard and set the currency_code$ = "GBP".  I have recently found out that US$ or Euro purchasers cannot purchase directly with their credit card. (they must either do a "Send Money" or create their own UK£ account, and pay money into it, then convert it, then buy - obviously a lot of trouble)

What am I doing wrong ?  I need to accept multiple currencies ... can I set the currency_code numbers of times, entering "EUR" and "USD" ?

How can I accept and convert multiple currencies  ??

Help !

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there gregorynelson,

You can manage multiple currencies in your PayPal account. Go to the Profile page and click 'My money'. Then click 'Currencies' beside 'PayPal balance'.

For questions on the integration of PayPal onto your website you will need to speak to our developers:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk
  2. Click 'Business' near the top of the page.
  3. Under 'Business' select 'For Developers'.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Jadeylady
New Community Member

Hi Siobhan

I have just set up a personal account called Premier which is being verified. However, I do want to have the facility to accept/receive euros (and possibly other currencies) and then convert to pound sterling at some point. I followed your instructions to "Gregorynelson" to Profile> My Money>PayPal Balance but there is no facility there to change it from GBP to another currency. Is it not available for this type of personal account? If that's the case I may need to cancel this account (how) and set up one which does have multi currency facility (pls state which type).

With thanks

Jadeylady

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.