Currency Converter not working

marb
Contributor
Contributor

This is frustrating. Why am I suddenly after years of recieving US dollars am I suddenly having to convert each payment myself ? Not just that, but when I convert from US dollar to UK pounds, the converter is giving it me the results the wrong way round from UK pounds to US dollar. For instance, I opt for $24 to be converted to UK pounds  and the result is $40. I then opt to convert $24 from UK pounds to dollars and the results are then correct at £16 BUT I had to get it converted the wrong way round. In both instances though I can't proceed as the "continue" button is greyed out !!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

malnit

Hello,

Yeh, I am having same issue for days now. My USD payment usually gets converted into GBP automatically each month, but not for August, and it is not letting me take any action either to convert it into GBP. If I try to transfer into a bank account, it is doing it as USD, so decided not to go ahead with that as there could be other fees involved in doing it that way.

Frustrated, as have tried to look under HELP and have not got far.

Any advice ??

Login to Me Too

marb
Contributor
Contributor

Obviously no help here for us then 😞

It is still broken and won't convert dollars to pounds unless you select pounds to dollars. Even then it won't let you proceed to the next step. What is happeneing !!!!

Login to Me Too

marb
Contributor
Contributor

Swwwwssssshhhhhhh (sound of tumbleweed)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi marb and malnit,

Apologies for the delay in responding to both of you. I'm also sorry to hear about the issues you're having with currency conversions. As the issues you have mentioned appear to be specific to both your accounts, I'd recommend contacting Customer Support directly so we can have a closer look and escalate the issues if necessary.

You can find the relevant contact details by clicking on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any page when logged into your account.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.