Claim requires my action but how do I respond?

sneons
Contributor
Contributor

The status of the claim is 'Respond'. When I click the button 'Respond' it moves me to claim details.

PayPal says that my action is required and I have to respond but how can I do it?

There is no link or button to do it...

Please help me.

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

PayPal_Conor

Hi mariancoley,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

When PayPal is not notified that one of your buyers has opened a non-receipt claim, we typically ask you to supply tracking information as evidence that you have sent the item.

If you have used a trackable service, this can be found on your postage receipt and is normally called the barcode number. 

If you have not used a trackable service and can only supply a postage receipt, enter this as a response within the text box in the resolution centre.

I hope this helps,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Jay_505
Contributor
Contributor
I think the main question in this thread isn't really about tracking. The question is: Where are the options (in the Resolution Centre) to respond to a claim? The documentation does not match the website. There are no links or buttons anywhere which allow a seller to respond, despite being required to do so within seven days. Can anyone from PayPal explain this?
Login to Me Too

Angp1
New Community Member
I have the same problem. Says I need to respond but nowhere to respond to
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Parts of this thread is years old but if you are the buyer in a dispute then if the seller provides a tracking number PayPal will ask you if you have got the item and want to close the dispute or change it to item received but not as described. 

If neither option applies then you do not have to do anything and the claim continues. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lubnu
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having a similar problem. I'm received a top covered in sweat stains around the armpits, the seller responded with a load of lies but there is no way to respond to her lies. I have photos I want to send in too. Now the case has gone to PayPal for a decision without me being able to respond. In the tutorial it said that the second stage of the claim is for buyers and sellers to message each other but during this stage I searched everywhere for a way to reply and could not! I'm worried PayPal will now make the decision based on her lies. PayPal please sort this out, you need to protect buyers more.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Lubnu,

Welcome to the community forum.

There is nothing to worry about here. If we feel that you need to back up your claim we will ask you for evidence. Unless we have asked you for something there won't be an option to upload. Pictures are not something that we accept as part of a claim so we don't want you to spend time providing documents that we cannot use.

What is likely to happen next is that we will ask you to return the item to the seller so that we can issue a refund.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Khoi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,my name is Khoi and in 4/21,ibought an item from the seller Wen Chunying, and i haven't received an item yet.I thought that i was cheated.I opened a claim but Paypal asked me to respond but how can i respond when there is no option?so ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Parts of this thread is years old but if you are the buyer in a dispute then if the seller provides a tracking number PayPal will ask you if you have got the item and want to close the dispute or change it to item received but not as described. 

If neither option applies then you do not have to do anything and the claim continues. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tararamarius09
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal ask me but how I can reply? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi tararamarius09,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

Sorry for the delay.

When the Claims Team ask you for any additional information, you should see an option in the claim to respond.

If you need any further assistance, please consider calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page  or contacting us via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.