Claim requires my action but how do I respond?

sneons
Contributor
Contributor

The status of the claim is 'Respond'. When I click the button 'Respond' it moves me to claim details.

PayPal says that my action is required and I have to respond but how can I do it?

There is no link or button to do it...

Please help me.

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

erandesilva

Hello

Same problem here , yah The case will automatically go back to review . but the  problem is how can i trust the seller just sake of suddenly providing the tracking number only after i report a case??  i bought five items from this  relevant seller but nothing arrived yet, and the seller can be send anything instead of actual item i bought, if item not arrived cannot reopen a case.Technically no point to providing the tracking information 12 days after Estimated Delivery date. Now PayPal requests more information from the me but how? There is no link or button. Please look in to this problem **********************************************************

Login to Me Too

jinxed1
Contributor
Contributor

yes, exactly Lucy, you have a quick check online of the tracking number, but you dont investigate where the package actually went to, even if it is a different signature and the post office writes to you stating it is not your tracking number it was used for somebody else. You should be doing a proper investigation, as a signature on royal mail tracking means nothing. You need to find out what address it is at, i.e. ask for proof of post from seller. This happened to me recently and he gave a tracking number already used in my area, according to gps in a royal mail investigation,  my package did not come to my house via the tracking number used, and ebay do nothing about it. Why would you not ask for sellers proof of postage and see exactly what the address and post code is on his receipt, i was told you do not do that, would that not be first thing to do in an investigation. 

Login to Me Too

Adam8
New Community Member
Hello PayPal, Not sure if any one can see this anymore but I am having the same problem with my case. Can you reassure me please that I haven't got to do anything even though it says I've got to? Just let me know please! Many thanks Adam
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Adam8

That is a standard message that you get when a seller supplies a tracking number.

They are allowing you to close the dispute if you are happy with the tracking number OR allowing you to change it if you have received the item and it is not as described.

If NEITHER of those options apply then you need do nothing and the claim continues.

Once the deadline has been reached (normally 10 days from the dispute being escalated to a claim), paypal check the tracking number to see if the item has been delivered to your address and if not then they refund / review within 48 hours of the deadline being reached.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KellsBelles
New Community Member

Okay paypal says I need to respond and I have several documents to respond to the seller in this proving that it was his wrong doing and I have no clue where to put these in the claim also I have no idea how to respond. This is so frustrating.

Login to Me Too

sandiem
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same  problem and I thought paypal was suppopsed to HELP why are there so many of the same problem ?????

@KellsBelles wrote:

Okay paypal says I need to respond and I have several documents to respond to the seller in this proving that it was his wrong doing and I have no clue where to put these in the claim also I have no idea how to respond. This is so frustrating.

yep let me know if you find out how to do th is pleasw

@KellsBelles wrote:

Login to Me Too

duratt
Contributor
Contributor

Same for me says below

If the status of your claim reads 'Requiring your action' then you will need to respond with information by the specified date.

To respond to a claim simply follow these steps:

1. On the 'Resolution Centre' page, find the claim you wish to respond to

2. Click 'Respond' in the action column

3. In the box titled 'How would you like to respond?' select your preferred response option.

4. Click 'Continue' and follow the instructions provided

For all other questions related to disputes or claims, please don't hesitate to call our dedicated customer service team on:

but when i press on action i get no where to respond too, as it takes me to the claim page where there is no where to respond

Login to Me Too

victoriaaa
New Community Member

What am I supposed to dooooo?

I had recieved the email notifiying me that i need to send in my URL and description of the things i bought.  QUOTED FROM THE EMAIL.

"Simply reply to this email with your information.

Please send us your information within 72 hours of this email. If we do not
hear from you within that timeframe, we may decide this case in the
seller’s favor."

but when i replied back to the email, they automatically sent me one back saying they can't reply back to emails sent to that email.

SO i went on paypal and when to the resolution center and clicked the respond button on my claim.. and nothing happens other than going to the claims page. 

WHAT DO I DOOO

Login to Me Too

SGreen1990
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, I opened a claim because I have not recieved an item, the seller tha entered a tracking number (which I checked and is invalid), but now Paypal are apparently waiting for me, even if I could respond I don't know to what effect, I already told them I have not recieved it, what else can i even add.

It hasnt been a good month, first i get a charge reversed due to the purchased been apparently fraudulant, now I have not recieved my item and paypal is not helping... again.

Login to Me Too

mariancoley
New Community Member

i have been ask for tracking there is no tracking in china i have got receipt from royalmail how do i send a copy to paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.